The Last Unicorn in '04 COOL!

LOL I think Eonwe was refering to the toe socks. Mmm love my toe socks.

I certainly think a good job can be done on this. I have been watching the site for awhile and it looks like it could work. Hopefully Beagle has some veto power in the movie which will help (though I’m pretty sure that is rare for writers to have that power)

I am really wondering what the soundtrack will be like. Unless they recycle the old one, but that would just be wrong I feel. It’s a new movie and though the old track was wonderful to reuse it would be… wrong. Maybe take a couple of the songs (The Last Unicorn for certain) and have the rest be a new score.

It would be interesting if they used the techno version of The Last Unicorn for the movie! But I don’t think it would work though it is a really good song.

The site does give hope to something wonderful in the making. I don’t envy the girl who has to be the human version of a unicorn though. She has some tough (horse)shoes to fill. Having some of the same cast was a good idea I think and they had better keep the America songs intact or they will alienate a lot of the diehard fans. I hope they just try to keep it as otherworldly and magical as possible.

Wow, I hadn’t heard anything about this. Neat. Gracias, Biohazard. :smiley:

When the initial excitement has worn off, I think I’ll have plenty of mixed feelings about this…residual excitement, fear of seeing a beautiful thing screwed up, as well as some strong feelings about not just seeing a live action version of the cartoon. I love the cartoon for what it is…but I’d like the movie to exist as a different entity (so, yeah, I vote for no America songs; sorry, Mr. Jim).

On the other hand, I’d like to give another hear-hear for rainbow stripey toe socks!

—The original animated version was perfect. How could they make it any better?—

Oh come on. I have fond memories of it too… but who could forgive the prince’s awful, awful song?

Nooooooooo! Hehe, yeah I understand. It should be a seperate entity it’s just difficult to imagine it without them.