The Late Show with Stephen Colbert

The Late Show with Stephen Colbert debuts tonight! Tonight’s guests are George Clooney and Jeb Bush.

I’ve really missed The Colbert Report and I know this will be a different kind of show, but I’m really excited. I’m not expecting anything groundbreaking with his Late Show since he’s stepping into a pretty traditional format, but he’s got a quick wit and he’s a good interviewer–at least when he has a guest that can keep up with him.

My DVR is showing it running a bit longer than an hour, so you may want to pad your DVR recording.

Will this show be available online anywhere? I don’t think Letterman was. :frowning:

Ah I see, CBS does have a streaming service of its own.

Don’t think it’d be worth paying for just the one show though…

(I note that it’s free for one week, but anyway, I’m sure it’ll be all over youtube tomorrow if in snipped and clipped form).

I hope he does well. I posted on here the very night Colbert Report premiered and I thought it would ultimately bomb. I was obviously totally wrong.

I have no prediction here. 50/50

Really hope he does well, it was time for a new face to take over. David Letterman had been at the helm for too long, did his time. It was great, just like rival Jay Leno, who correctly handed the torch to Jimmy Fallon.

I will only watch episodes that are of interest to me with my favorite celebs. Always been the case, and often I watch it on YouTube. Sure Stephen Colbert won’t be groundbreaking, but who is? He is a different person than David Letterman and that is a good thing in my book.

This could be another late night show, or it could be the first next GROUNDBREAKING show in TV.

I love TV. I’ll be DVRing the first couple of weeks at least.

I’ll be watching tonight.

Just a few minutes now.

His guests this week are a bit underwhelming to me. Clooney, Jeb Bush, Schmuer, Stephen King, Biden, Toby Keith, Scarlett Johanneson,

Fallon countered with Trump, Timberlake, Ellen, Samberg, Carrie Underwood, Pharrell Williams.

Dumb opening.

Except for it being Jon Stewart. That was hilarious.

Underwhelming perhaps, but beats Fallon by a mile.

Good for Jimmy Fallon for appearing and saying “hi”.

The monologue was pretty good but it went kinda flat once he got to the desk. Hopefully it picks after the break.

That demon thing was… embarrassing.

What now? I was still getting settled in and missed some.

I’m not saying the whole thing will suck forever, but this is kind of lame.

Same old crappy late night show.

He needs to find his comedic voice again.

I keep telling myself that you can’t judge anything by the first show.

My nephew, however, lost his job because Nabisco is moving to Mexico. He’s about 60, so close to Medicare, just not there yet, so the Oreo thing is a sore spot for me.

The umpire was Stewart.

The Trump bit was better but, yeah, I think it will take some time to find the tone he wants.

Ok, I’ll be the one to say it outright - this sucks. I am enormously disappointed. He is awkward and off-kilter. The whole Clooney bit has fallen flat. Where are the writers??