"The Low Spark of High-Heeled Boys"

I’ve heard both.

All I remember, back in the day, is the album cover. With the guy in purple pants with the awesome package! :wink: It was much-listed to by a couple of the more artsy and intelligent of my friends, considered high class, music-wise.

I ran across these on Youtube and thought I’d share here.

Traffic:

Jim Capaldi & Dave Mason (a great version I discovered just last year):

Enjoy.

I hadn’t listened to them in years until I found the two CD Best of Traffic at Rasputins, with songs from the pre and post Dave Mason eras. Blew me away again. No time for a top 10, but Glad always makes me feel happy.

And by the way, how come no one has yet mentioned “Rock and Roll Stew”? It’s one of the songs that has earned a permanent slot on my Party Mix.

In my first encounter with a piano I tried it and realized that I could potentially play that instrument. Well, the right hand, at least.

That one has always bugged me because it’s such a blatant nick of “The In-Crowd.” I recognized the tune they were borrowing from the first time I heard it; only later did I hear the Ramsey Lewis version that Traffic’s arrangement is clearly based on.

They play Poison songs on my oldies station.

We are both old.

No love for ‘No Time to Live’? That is such a good Traffic tune and the cover version by Brian Auger & the Trinity is terrific.

I take it all back. The Traffic song I hear the most on the radio – by far – is “Dear Mr. Fantasy”.

That’s odd, because I just heard “Feelin’ Alright” on Sirius and it made me think that I never ever hear it played. Maybe the Joe Cocker version, but never the original.