The Marvelous Ms. Marvel

I ignored your Appeal to ridicule - Wikipedia

Agree, Moving on is the best course of action

It was a bit YA for my tastes. Not that it makes it a bad show or anything.

I was pleased to see Hudson County, NJ finally getting our own superhero. FWIW, Jersey City does have a relatively large Indian/Pakistani/Middle Eastern population.

I want a winged sloth stuffed animal.
I’m curious what they are going to do with Zoe – She did hang out with Kamala until Zoe became popular. (right?) But she still likes superheroes enough to cosplay at a convention – granted superheroes are a lot more mainstream these days, but still on the geek spectrum.
Agree that Iman is awesome in this role – feel a little sorry for anyone else who auditioned. Wonder if they even met anyone else after.

Brian

Brian

Some cosplayers are just really, really into cosplay, and not so much the media the characters come from. I’m not saying they’re fake geeks or anything like that, but just that one can spend a lot of effort on cosplay and attend conventions dressed as a character just because one thinks their costume is cool, and not because you’ve ever read their comic/played their game/watched the whole of their movie. I’ve cosplayed an L5R CCG character and I’ve never played the game.

“Likes superheroes” is going to have very different cultural signifiers in a universe where the superheroes are actual real people, though. In the real world, a Captain America fan is someone who really likes fiction that was originally intended for children. In the MCU, a Captain America fan is someone who has at least a 50% chance of having their life personally saved by his efforts. Being a fan of superheroes wouldn’t have had the same geek-association that it does in the real world - although cosplaying and con-going might still.

On a different note, I’m glad we finally have an answer to “How much does the average person know about the events of Endgame?” And the answer is, “A lot, but everything is filtered through Scott Lang.”

Which is why Ant-man is shown as being at the Battle of New York in “Rogers: The Musical”

Interviewer: Scott, were you in New York when the Chitauri invaded?

Scott, who was three years into his sentence on Ryker’s Island: Yes, although I wasn’t technically a member of the Avengers yet.

I just found out there was a mid-credit sequence. So we aren’t all tired of that device yet? Sigh.

With streaming, if you don’t want to watch the credits just fast forward to see if there are any non-credit content. Since I am one who generally watches all the credits I like getting rewarded.

Brian

No, I actively enjoy them.

I’m generally a fan, too.

I would prefer all elements of the story to be complete before the credits start. In the theater, I like to leave when the credits start. But I guess that’s me.

I generally like them too, but in the era of streaming services, they can be annoying. If you’re watching several episodes in a row, most of my services will start the new episode automatically after about 10-15 seconds, which means you miss the extra scene. And I find that 10-15 seconds isn’t long enough to find the remote and tell the TV not to do that, so I end up fighting with my TV to see these scenes.

If they’re going to keep having them, they need to add a tag that tells the streaming app not to jump to the next episode until after the credits scene.

I have not had that happen on Disney+.

Given that Marvel movies and many shows use the mid credit scene bit as an expectation by now that streamer flipping to a next ep would be very bad form on their part.

On Netflix, which is the streaming service I use the most, I found a setting to turn off the “start new episode automatically”. My issue was more with wanting to be able to just turn off the TV and walk away, rather than needing to explicitly tell Netflix to stop, first. (I would open up Netfliex and find that I’d missed an episode, or was half way into the next episode, because it kept running for a while after I turned off the TV). But as a result, I’ve watch the “look at all the languages we translated this into” many times, while chilling after watching some TV show, and I’m okay with that.

Anyway, I hate the “auto-advance” feature, and turn it off when I can.

Well, call me a bad formation then. I don’t watch Marvel any differently than anything else. It annoys me in D.C. movies too, when they do it. The whole mid- post-credits thing is something I find extremely annoying. Just show me the damn show and then end it, for pete’s sake, is my preference.

This is one advantage of the “episode per week” format, as there’s no next episode for it to switch to.

By “streamer,” he’s talking about the provider, not the consumer. It would be bad form for Disney to include end credit scenes in their shows, then automatically skip them on their own video platform. Nobody cares if you skip them.

?

I’ve no judgement on your preference. It would be Disney+’s poor form if they did that (including if people waited on binged).

This one? More of the function of the old “next week …” teasers.

You’re going to hate the next trend in filmmaking, then, which is to start showing the credits a third of the way into the film interspaced with all of the remaining scenes, and then terminating with the cold open from the not-yet-greenlit sequel while Paul Rudd provides a commentary track that you can’t disable. Oh, and there will be toy commercials scattered throughout the film appearing ‘organically’ as plot elements that are actually intended to specifically appeal to middle-aged men who collect them and store them in a closet like sexual fetishists.

Stranger