The Most Dangerous Place in the History of Earth

No, not Huntington Beach, Ca Thousands of Californians flock to open beaches despite Gov. Newsom's pleas for them to stay home | Daily Mail Online but what would become Morocco. Scientists pinpoint 'most dangerous place in the history of planet Earth' - CNET

How cool would it have been to have cruised it in an APC with unlimited fuel.

I would nominate downtown Hiroshima, Japan on August 6, 1945 as a most unhealthy place and time.

Nah, Hiroshima was much more survivable than the Gulf of Mexico one day circa 66,000,000 BC.

Hiroshima was history. The Morocco and Mexico events were pre-history. Will that nit stay picked?

No, that nitpick will be crushed like a nit.

So, what they’re saying makes it “most dangerous” is a lot of predators? What the heck do they think we are? We’re the most dangerous predator the planet has ever seen, and we’re concentrated a lot closer than those dinos in Morocco were.

For mine, one definition of most dangerous place is a place where death is inevitable. And there have been plenty of those. But I think a ‘better’ or maybe more interesting definition is where death is highly likely, but where the cruelty of arbitrariness reigns, so that there is a sort of mind warping false hope. Think school massacres, and of course German concentration camps. In the sorts of situations, the agony of impossible choices come into play. Who can forget the scene in Schindler’s list where the camp commandant’s housekeeper is at risk of rape, and she reflects that she had thought there were rules, and if you obeyed them you would be OK. But the rules were entirely illusory.

To me, danger exists where doom awaits if you put one foot wrong…and there is no way of telling what a wrong step, or a right step, looks like.

My pick would be the island of Krakatau on the morning of August 27, 1883. Not a relaxing day on the beach.

Pompeii and Herculaneum in AD 79.