The most over-the-top bloody Mary

The Aviator restaurant near the Cleveland airport features a $25 bloody Mary that is a whole meal. The ingredients vary over time but it has shrimp on toothpicks, a sandwich, a donut, bacon, olives, waffles and cheeses at least.

WHY! Why not just order a meal.

I’ll take my bloody Mary - which is my favorite drink - with a couple of olives and, if you must, a stalk of celery.

mmm

There’s a place in Bremerton that serves about a dozen different variations on the “dinner perched on a glass” mary.

https://thegaragekitsap.com/bloody-marys/

For example, here’s the surf & turf;

The only thing missing is the accordion.

What the hell were / are these people thinking. Bloody Mary’s and food do not go together at all.

I rarely have a bloody Mary, and the most extravagant I’ve gotten is using my MiL’s fresh garden tomatoes and a homemade (well, stock vodka that I steeped in good Penzy’s peppercorn) pepper vodka.

I don’t get them with food generally, because I kinda of agree with @LSLGuy, it’s a savory drink that feels a lot like food in and of itself. Especially if you make it with a tomato juice blend, it’s always felt more like a cold tomato soup served with booze.

Still… $25 for the drink served in the OP’s post sounds like great value for money. I mean, last time I went to a place with a full bar, the drinks like that were $8-12 bucks, and the appetizers were at least that much. So… why not? But honestly I note those are all “brunchy” snacks that are heavy on the carbs and thus cheaper eats.

If I was going to be tempted by any of them, it would be the one from @Smapti’s link - and that one’s still only $26 per the link.

These are fun, but it’s just a pile of snacks on top of the Bloody Mary. I was kind of hoping for something like an alcoholic, drinkable lasagne

Amateurs.

LOL, I beg to differ.

I love Bloody Marys. Kitschy as those pictures look, they look delicious. I wouldn’t say no to one of these. Yum!

One of the local restaurants had a Sunday brunch which featured a “Bloody Mary Buffet”, which had a wide variety of ingredients, with which you could tinker to your heart’s content.

Or you could order off the menu. The menu had several of the more common variants.

It also had a non-alcoholic version, named “the Bloody Shame.”

@Joey_P link is from Sobelmans.

Wisconsin is big on Bloody Marys (with beer chasers). It’s wasn’t always so. 40 years ago in Eau Claire I asked for one made with tequila, which they thought was weird

Perhaps the esteemed @wolfpup can provide his thoughts on Caesars made with steak or deep fried chickens in/on them.

The Canuck perspective is always welcome in matters of alcohol-related excess.

I know my google results will be biased to my location, but I didn’t realize it was from WI until I posted it and noticed the Brewcity Bruisers patch (local roller derby). But, yes, we’re big on bloody marys. A few times a year there’s a ‘top 10 (or 20 or 30) bloody marys’ fluff piece. Mostly filled with pictures like the one I posted.

Coincidentally, just yesterday I watched the episode of Letterkenny with the bloody mary contest, but I can’t seem to find it online.

A sangre Maria, then?

It’s always gratifying to have one’s expertise recognized, and I humbly acknowledge that I have deep experience in all matters involving getting plastered on Caesars. I might also add that, due to occasionally running out of Caesar mix, I also have considerable experience with vodka martinis.

I’m in full agreement with your earlier comment that a Bloody Mary is not compatible with any kind of food, and indeed is not even compatible with itself as it should never be served to any decent dog or human being except as punishment for some egregious offense, such as being unable to pay your restaurant tab.

But what a difference it makes when clamato juice is substituted for nauseatingly thick tomato juice, and the right spices added! As the refreshing goodness hits the palate, one has a sense that the sun comes out, the birds sing, and one can practically hear the distant strains of “Oh, Canada” and see waving in the breeze the red-and-white banner of the great nation that invented the glorious Bloody Caesar.

The Caesar, as it turns out, is compatible with almost any food and indeed if you drink enough of them you need no other food at all, as it contains sufficient vitamins, minerals, alcohol, and other essentials of life to sustain man or dog indefinitely. The various illustrations herewith don’t impress me at all as this is the sort of thing I do all the time, the only difference being that (a) the Caesar replaces the detestable Bloody Mary, and (b) there is no need to put those things on skewers and stick them into the drink. The drink should be pristine, garnished only with a celery stick and Mott’s Clamato Rimmer, and the food items should be individually dispensed by the waiter while inquiring, in a baby voice, “who’s a good boy?”.

As another Canadian, I can say that I don’t have a big preference as to whether I get a Mary or a Caesar. I have a small qualm with some Caesars, that they seem a bit watery compared to a Mary, but generally, I’m happy to drink both.

I also like drinking Clamato straight. Or a Caesar cooler.

Weird Stuff In A Glass

Canadian here, and though the Bloody Caesar seems to be our national drink, I much prefer a Bloody Mary. However, the garnishes in the photos above are way too over the top. At home, I’ll typically garnish my Bloody Mary with a pickled bean and a couple of olives.

Have you tried Matt and Steve’s “Caesar Rimmer”? I’ve tried the Mott’s and it was good, but I find that Matt and Steve’s just has a little more zip to it. Plus, it comes in a bar-like tin where you just invert the wet glass into it. I don’t know about your location, but the Mott’s rimmer available locally here comes in a jar and must be poured into a shallow dish before you can use it. Give it a try; you might find Matt and Steve’s both easier and zippier, as I did.

Indeed. And if you make one with gin, it’s a Red Snapper.

I love 'em all. I used to can dilled green beans just so I could use them as garnishes in Bloody drinks.

I mean, in the case of the one I posted, you’re basically just buying a steak & shrimp dinner that comes with a free cocktail.