The movie whose ending sucketh biggest.

Not from me. I could have watched another hour.

Any movie which plays the game where they throw an ending out at you from deep left field and then show a bunch of “missing” clips over the end credits that fill in all the plot points you’d need for the ending to make sense. Wild Things and Employee of the Month are two that do this.

It’s not really witty or brilliant to have a “suprise twist” that’s only a suprise because you intentionally didn’t give us the information to piece it together. Really, it’s just weak and a cop-out, essentially saying that you’re not smart enough to give us obscure clues during the movie that will make sense after the fact.

The ending of Identity was also a huge disappointment. After a great buildup, they sprang the Big Twist about fifteen minutes too soon…rendering the shootout that followed devoid of suspense and making me not care at all how it turned out.

House on Haunted Hill (the 90’s remake) was all together a decent movie, at least visually, but the last 15 minutes or so ruined it. There is no need to go into details, just do yourself a favor, stop the movie about 10 minutes early and tell yourself that all the characters died.

Blair Witch Project

At the end of that film, I literally stood up from my chair and yelled, “What the expletive?!”

I felt I had somehow been had. That couldn’t really be the ending. And yet…

Gah. Hated, hated, hated.

[spoiler]The song was Age of Aquarius, and I thought the big dance number was hilarious. Besides which, any other ending would have been a fundamental violation of the character. The whole point is that random hook-ups with skanky chicks just for the sake of getting laid don’t make you any happier than collecting action figures that you refuse to take out of the box. The ending gave the movie something I’d never expected from a raunchy, gross-out sex comedy: integrity. Especially in that it didn’t moralize about the characters who do pursue sex-for-the-sake-of-sex, instead ending with everyone finding happiness by pursuing their own ideals of what they need to be happy, not caving into someone else ideals of what they need to be happy.

[sub]“You know how I know you’re gay? You wear a headscarf and prance around to Age of Aquarius.”[/sub][/spoiler]

I’m not sure I can hate the ending, it seemed to me just an attempt to have a different ending to the original.

Yeah, that was a real eye-roller for me, too. Glad I saw that movie on HBO.

And speaking of that very thing, could the ending of Tim Burton’s Charlie and the Chocolate Factory suck **ANY **harder? It really pissed me off, because up until the Glass Elevator I had been loving the hell out of it, then we have to have this saccharine stupid ENDLESS wrap up, GAH! Get your dick outta my ass, Tim, I’ve had enough… :rolleyes: :smack: :wally

If that was the message, then the whole movie is as pernicious a lie as Forrest Gump! :wink:

Fuck Frailty, The Ring, and The Pledge, two of which I saw because I dated a girl who I believe secretly hated me and intentionally chose terrible movies. I want my life back from those movies.

I also thought the ending to The 40-Year-Old Virgin was just right.

I can’t believe I’m defending any aspect of that stupid movie, but here goes. I thought the last shot was one of the few genuinely creepy moments of the film, given the significance of the character standing in the corner.

Otherwise, what a crappy movie. They actually bragged about most of the dialogue being improvised. Y’know what would have really improved the movie? A script! Too bad, because there was nothing wrong with the basic concept.

Without a doubt, Fear X. I went back and forth between anger and puzzlement at the seeming lack of an ending, until I read this:

Ummm, an ending is what you use to end the fucking film, jackoff! You don’t just turn the camera off whenever the hell you feel like!

I loved the ending of Frailty. I thought it was awesome.

How about Swordfish? A shit movie no matter how you look at it, but the ending…

[spoiler]For a plot twist you have a guy remember that a federal terrorist fraction had not in fact died, but had gone down a flight of stairs at the top of a bulding and escaped from anyone and everyone who might have been chasing them. Whoops! The protoganist smacks his forhead and proceeds to raise a daughter.

And what the hell was the point of this movie anyways? To make people look at the bright side of terrorism? God what a fucking dumb movie[/spoiler]

Gah. You just dragged Ocean’s Twelve out of the depths of my repressed memories, and for that I will always hate you.

On the bright side, you may always hate me but now I know never to watch Ocean’s Twelve :smiley:

Everyone has apparently erased Emilio Estevez’ Wisdom from their minds, or are fortunate enough to have never seen it in the first place.

Terrible, terrible ending. Bad ending! No supper!

Re. The Blair Witch Project:

Are you me? That’s what I wanted to post in reply. I was eager to see the film and ended up loathing the stupidity and incompetence of the characters, not to mention their seeming inability to complete a sentence without using the word “fuck” (cf. comment above about needing a script) at least once. In one scene, there was an obvious plane flying overhead, yet it wasn’t even noticed or commented on. I realize this is a mostly-improvised film. Edit it out of the damned shot or reshoot the scene, or else your characters will look like complete idiots for not at least entertaining the idea that maybe they can use the flight path to get an idea of what direction civilization is in. Well, too late, I already thought they were complete idiots, but you see my point. I hated them, I wanted them to stfu, turn off the cameras, and go away.

However, that last scene literally made me gasp. I found it more powerful than anything else I’d seen since the film started.

I can’t believe nobody has mentioned Signs and The Village. They need no explanation. M. Night Shyamalan is King of the Crappy Endings.