The Nerdity Test

I got 21.6%, barely over the nerd-wannabe line. Well, what did I expect, I don’t like Trek and I didn’t major in science and I know just enough about the Internet to post at this board.

42.4% (212/500).

As long as I am still in the closet…

52.4. But I’m a software developer, so most of the computer stuff was a gimme. I washed out entirely on math puzzles, computer gaming, role playing, Star Trek, which to my mind are true marks of nerdism. On the other hand, I sort of regret that (except for the Star Trek sfuff), so maybe I deserved my score.

41.4% (207/500)

Surprisingly low - like others have said, I used to know lots of those constants… and probably more of the acronyms. And I would’ve been able to tick the boxes for “still do what you learned on those courses”.

32.4%. Yes, it was the quotient and not the average. Way too low.

59%, baby.

Making me second only to the great Smeghead.

Most of my demerits came from being born in 1982 (8-tracks?) and the fact that I don’t have any of the external trappings of a nerd (my clothes coordinate, I have decent hygeine, and I’m a decent cook).

20.4%

It is rather geared towards science and computers though. Us economists can be nerds as well you know. :slight_smile:

31.2 - a nerd wannabe. Know constants? Why the hell would I know constants? I’m too busy reading sci-fi and watching it on tv. :smiley:

(Yeah, an updated test would really up my nerdiness.)

Snap on the score, and being older.

32.4. I’m Disappointed in myself.

62.6% (313/500)

Nerdy by Nature

New Leader. You passed Smeghead

Does my system have more than 1 mb of ram? Heh.

42.2 My score has gone down!

47.8%, but I was rewriting the dated questions in my head as I went, so I’m taking the liberty of rounding myself up to an even 50%.

Amended: 42% <snerk>
I knew I was missing something, but I think jrfranchi deserves an extra billion points for pointing those personal errors out. :wink:

Do I have to point out the obvious…

only nerds would take this test…

Nerdity Quotient: 60.8% (304/500)

It is quite a bad test in some regards. E.g., you get more points for taking notes??? Real nerds know that taking notes in class is a lose. Note taking is for the “norms”.

The person designing the test has no clue as to the rarified mental world (did I just say that?) of the true nerd.

I’m also a Baseball Geek, so I get caught up by simple statistical trends. I accept my pelting of a billion points. Ouch. :smiley:

55.8 but a lot of it was left over from events over 25 years ago, back in college, med school and residency.

Tho I still do nerdy things to keep in character for my daughters.