The next page in the book of AI evolution is here, powered by GPT 3.5, and I am very, nay, extremely impressed

In another thread about AI and picture generating programs I posted this today, it may be relevant to this thread as well:

I like to draw and paint with Clip Studio Paint, a programm that can be bought (as opposite to Adobe’s Photoshop, tat you can’t own anymore, and the trouble with Pantone and licenses you may have heard about, but I digress… as usual). Now, after many free improvements, they have reached Version 1.12.11 after about ten years, they are about to release version 2, for which I will have to pay. I’m OK with that, they are not really expensive, and program so far is powerful and well designed. Now with Version 2 they have shortly succumbed to temptation: let’s do what is possible, not what is good! And so they thought of adding what we (well, mostly you so far) are discussing in this thread: AI image generation. They anounced that on Nov. 29.
Today, three days later, they recanted. The user community was very put off and expressed “anxiety and concern”. Getting into some detail Clip Studio Paint writes:

Here are some concerns that we have taken to heart:

Current image generation AI exploits other artists' intellectual property and is unusable

This feature will hinder rather than help artists in their creative activities
Using artist’s work that is not opted-in to a data set is ethically unacceptable
The fear that this will make Clip Studio Paint artwork synonymous with AI-generated work
There are existing features that need to be prioritized over image generation AI features
Having something unknown in the app I use daily potentially infringing on legal or moral rights is unacceptable
Clip Studio Paint should be an app that takes responsibility for a safe, creative environment

I believe this is relevant to the discussion here.
BTW: Coooool pictures you have shown so far. Which, I am afraid, is part of the problem.

Someone promptly replied that this was all not a problem, with arguments I can understand, but not share. Am I being a luddite? I understand the fears of the users who have written to ClipStudioPaint, though “anxiety and concern” sound a bit too much. Still I worry.