The Noodle Incident

As you long time Calvin & Hobbes enthusiasts know, there is much ballyhoo about “The Noodle Incident”. They never actually say what exactly happened, but I think I may have an pseudo-answer.

Take a look at this strip.

Could this be the impetus of “The Noodle Incident”? My guess is no, judging by the next days strip, but it is food for thought.

Dude, you don’t wanna know about The Noodle Incident.

It was worse than Chernobyl, Hiroshima, and a Spice Girls concert all rolled into one.

If you wanna be my KABOOOOOOOM!
waooo waooo waooo

(that’s the cheezy sound effect of radiotion…)

Nah. The Noodl Incident was far more spectacular.

The Spaghetti Incident?

I don’t think so, Mofo. It’s a possibility, but I don’t think that would warant the “flashing lights” at his school that Hobbes brought up when mentioning the Noodle Incident. Or maybe that’s from a different C & H strip.
Yeah, I just always thought the Noodle Incident just couldn’t be drawn. Too gruesome for the newspapers.

Yet another example of REAL ART being censored by the man! I’m outraged.

Can someone either explain or provide a link? Is this a horror on par with Titanic (the movie) and Y2K? Should I start preparing now?

In The Calvin and Hobbes Tenth Anniversary Book, Bill Watterson says: “Hamster Huey and the Gooey Kablooie (like “the Noodle Incident” I’ve referred to in several strips) is left to the reader’s imagination, where it’s sure to be more outrageous.”