The Office: "Secret Santa" (open spoilers)

Not to mention as CFO is probably bears some responsibility for running the company into bankrupcy. He’s not buffoonishly incompetant at his job like Michael or arrogantly incompetant like Ryan. He just makes a lot of bad decisions.

Intentionally calling a girl by the wrong name is stereotypical “seduction technique”. It show her that you don’t care enough about her to learn her name and makes her try extra hard to be memorable (or so the theory goes). I presume it’s the same for gay dudes.

I wonder how expensive all that would be. I suppose it’s only a show, but that is pretty absurd. It was quite funny though and I actually think Andy did some good work there with the drummers at the end. Although, in any real company, HR would be all over you if you dedicated a song to a coworker…

FYI, a financial service firm called PNC Financial Services annually calculates the cost of giving the "twelve days"gifts. They call it the “Christmas Price Index.” This year it would cost you $21,465.56 to buy all of the items on the list.

BTW, Michael’s gift to Dwight of the assemble-it-yourself nutcracker was a clever gift. I wonder if it’s really available?

Creed sat on Phyllis’ lap! I wonder what would Creed want for Christmas?

Santa Michael to pregnant Pam: I see someone has been naughty! :smiley:

Yes understand. What I was talking about is that I know he made a lot of bad calls… But if we’re supposed to look at Michael and ask ourselves that there just may be *SOMETHING *there that qualified him to be the manager best branch in the company, and someone who deep down has a good heart; then it’s sad when we see someone on screen struggling to deal with him ‘get the boot’. I’m not saying he was good at his job, I’m just saying his character *traditionally *“deserved more”. That’s not to say it’s not life like, (which is fine with me, I may actually like it as it as it’s true to life). It’s just that if Michael deserves the audience’s sympathy, then by proxy, they should sympathize with the guy who, not only ‘backed him’, but practically babysat him.

I guess Charles is gone… I wouldn’t mind him getting the gig.

Loved this episode - a wonderful return to form (especially after the unwatchable mess that was the previous ep). Funny, character-driven, and with a well-earned dose of heart-warming at the end = “The Office” at its best.

Amazing gift. It’s weird how Michael demands attention and praise for the stupid stuff he does, but is just quietly pleased when he gets it right.

Yes! Like when he got Angela sway her feet even though she didn’t want to dance. He could have said something to her. But just smiled.

“Jesus forgives, but he never forgets.”

I am so going to use that!

For anyone interested, here’s a ‘producer’s cut’ of Secret Santa"

There’s quite a bit more content, maybe they were hoping for it to be and hour long episode;

Includes more Darryl, (wich is alway welcome imho)… and a side story not really reveiled in the episode that aired). I was hoping the last call to Wallace would be extended – I hope we don’t see the last of him, and Michael owes him a lot, whether he was good at his job or not. The first call to him was, just a touch longer.

As good as it was a 30 minute episode, it would have been a good hour long one as too. Sorry to those who live outside US.

Or Hulu:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/116475/the-office-secret-santa-producers-cut?c=Comedy#s-p1-so-i0

Thanks for pointing it out, that was interesting. “That woman is a beast!” :stuck_out_tongue: And it made more sense of the scene of Oscar calling Matt by the wrong name that I commented on earlier.

Thanks Biffy! It explained that along with the pizza’s he got. Garfeild was funny.

I don’t understand why an office full of adults had a take a picture with Santa dealie going on in the first place. I could see if it had been bring your kids to work day or had local kids drop by or something, but just for them? Wha?

Because this show stopped even trying to make sense some seasons ago.

MyFootsZZZ, thanks for the link. It did sort of explain Oscar getting Matt’s (Mark’s? now I’m confused) name wrong, but it made more sense when we didn’t know that Matt/Mark did it first.

I gotta say something about the Kraft ad. It shows several what I’d call “normal” families sitting down to holiday dinners. I call them normal because they weren’t the usual families we see in holiday commercials – no formal dining room, the tables weren’t lavishly decorated, the people weren’t all dressed up, etc. I’m thinking “Cool – people who look like my family! About time we see ordinary people having Christmas dinner!” But it was a plea for donations for food banks. I don’t know why it bugged me, but it did.

I can’t watch the producer’s cut because I don’t live in the US? Can someone explain why Oscar got Matt’s name wrong?

Grapefruit, I don’t know why. In the extended version, Matt/Mark did it first – after being introduced to Oscar, he addressed him as Victor. Oscar didn’t correct him.

If we hadn’t seen that, I’d think Oscar was playing hard to get. “You mean so little to me that I can’t be bothered to remember your name.” But why play the game if the other guy started it?

Thanks AuntiePam! I thought I’d missed something important. It always sucks when I can’t watch the deleted scenes until I get the DVDs.