The Official Bay Area Doper (BAD) Superbowl Party Thread

Count me in.

Chips and dip, check.

ohhhh… that bay area. I thought maybe someone was coming to this bay area. Afterall, the Super Bowl is here. But don’t worry, I plan to have lots of pictures.

Traffic will be a mess!

I would like to attend as well. All my favorite people have raved about Sue, and I’ve unfortunately missed her at other fests. Let me know what I can bring! :slight_smile:

I don’t have a digital camera (I have a Web cam, but it’s not like I can just plug it into your computer and have everything work) and don’t know anything about creating Web sites. This might not be the most productive assignment. Isn’t there some missing food item I can track down at Safeway (seeing as how my beloved Cheeseburger Macaroni is out of the question)?

I have a digicam, and since some of the dopers know of my flakiness involving getting pics up, I can bring the USB cable and just send them to someone else’s site right then and there.

I’ll be in charge of ominously staring at SeaDiver if she thinks about leaving the party without getting the pics up. I’m pretty good at ominously staring.

Umm… can i get a ride?

I’m perfectly willing to take transit (in fact i’d prefer it), but i’m not at all familiar with San Jose, and Caltrain takes a good 90 minutes to get there. So, if anyone’s passing through SF or by a BART station on the way, i would be greatful.

I’ll bring my camera (it’s with me wherever i go anyway) and i can make cookies. It’s only fitting for me to have cookies.

Alas, I will be in San Mateo at Further Confusion helping out with the game rooms.

All of you have fun, and someone leer at the pretty girls for me, ok?

just a quick question sue there will be plots of beer won’t there?

zyzzyva, let me know. I may be able to give you a ride from the Caltrain station in San Jose if worse comes to worse. Email me and keep us posted.

I’ll talk to my friend Camster who hosted the holiday SD party. She has a photo site and digital camera, and is pretty adept at getting pictures online.

I’ll be bringing my digital camera as well. With the downloading of a simple piece of software I can upload the picture to any computer with a 3.5" floppy drive (nyah nyah iMac owners).

I’ll also be happy to take on the task of a web site. I can predesign something that we can just plug photos into on site so that it rolls out quickly.

Let me know if that is acceptable.

Yay, I finally get to meet SeaDiver! Bring what ever you want sweetie, I’ve given up. Make it easy, or just bring alcohol, whatever.

Snooooopy I have a digital camera and a free site that you don’t need to know HTML to use. No worries, babe!

zyzzva I know the CALTRAN train comes in a few miles from my house because I dropped scratchie off there once, but you may want to talk to someone who knows more about the whole thing.

I got ya beat. I have a Sony camera AND a Sony computer, so you just pop out the memory stick and shove it in the computer. :stuck_out_tongue:

But I would LOVE for you to predesign something, that would make it ever so much easier!

Thanks darlin’!

This is gonna be one KICK ASS party!

PLOTS? Well…I don’t know about plots, but I can probably manage a refrigerator full.

I may have a digital camera to bring too! All depending on the whims of UPS.
I just switched over to EarthLink, which includes a free ($98 dollar value) digital camera. Piece-o-junk, non removable memory, no LCD screen little dealio, but it supposedly works. If it arrives by then, I will definitely bring it along.

Which reminds me. If anybody who has emailed before and perchance put me into an address book, that address will soon be dead. I’ve got my profile changed now with the new address.

This conclude’s Jack’s Public Service Announcement.

Since I haven’t seen anyone else mention them, I’ll bring colas, uncolas, diet sodas, etc. Any specific requests? IBC root beer? Dr. Brown’s Cel-Ray?

Due to some Zenster prodding, my wife and I will drop by. Not that I didn’t want to go, I’m just very lazy, and San Jose is far away. So I needed some prodding. I can bring some chips & my special homemade salsa. It’s good, I guarantee it.

I need directions. Or, we may take Caltrain, if zzyzzyva is as well.

Well, the mechanic fixed my car, and my friend in San Jose said I could come visit for the weekend. So, it looks like i am going to be able to make it for the big BAD party.

Can I bring DoubleStuff Oreos?

pat

I gotta wonder. Are we gonna be watching Survivor 2 afterwards?

Well, looks like my account is down to 46 buck now. Anyway, i’d be glad to assist obfus or anyone else working ont he pics. I, unlike democritus actually know, and understand that you have to resize images so those of us on dialup dont have to wait 20 minutes for one page to load up :). And since I cant get drunk at this one and have to be good, i can also be the one who remembers every single incriminating event that happens, and tells the entire board about them ;).