The oldest movie with a still-living actor

What is the oldest movie that a still-living actor was in? Let’s limit it to actors named in the opening credits, not bit parts and extras.

Are any silent movie kids still alive?

For a first approximation, I’ll throw in Mickey’s Circus from 1927, starring a 7-year-old Mickey Rooney.

I nominate Cirque Hollandaise, a 1924 Dutch film featuring the up-and-coming Johannes Heesters, who now at 105 still gets occasional gigs.

Here’s a nod to Disney and Iwerks’ Alice’s Wonderland, from 1923.

Virginia Davis is still with us, last I checked. And I checked less than a minute ago.

I don’t really have much to offer the thread (I would have guessed Shirely Temple or Mickey Rooney), but I just wanted to tip my hat to panache45 and the rest of my fellow Dopers who constantly surprise me with wonderful and creative thread subjects. I love waking up, opening the Dope, and seeing how someone managed to put up yet another great topic to discuss about the minutia of entertainment!

Well played!

I came in to mention Olivia de Havilland from Gone with the Wind. Not the oldest, but certainly the most famous. She has a long running feud with her half-sister Joan Fontaine, and neither one of them will die first.

Doesn’t win, but Jean Darling from the “Our Gang” comedies is 86 and made her debut in 1926 at the age of 4.

1914 - Kidnapped in New York, starring Baby Marie Osborne.

Link.

I think with this I likely win.

I’m seeing a Futurama episode in the making…

It took me a good 5 minutes to try to confirm that Marie Osmond is not in her 90s.

Gotta love those Mormon genetics!

I appreciate that y’all are documenting your claims with links, but it will be a lot easier to track who’s winning if you include an age or birthdate.

for the record:
Shirley Temple - Date of Birth: 23 April 1928 …
Mickey Rooney - Date of Birth: 23 September 1920 …
Virginia Davis(-McGhee) born December 31, 1918 …
Baby Marie Osborne, born November 5, 1911…
Johannes Heesters - Date of Birth: 5 December 1903 …

The question isn’t about the oldest actor, but the oldest movie. I think 1914 is gonna be tough to beat, although it doesn’t say if she starred in that or not. If not, we could fall back to 1916’s Little Mary Sunshine.

I guess Cirque Hollandaise (1924), with Johannes Heesters, is the oldest movie with an adult actor (18+) who is still alive today.

In a completely pointless side category, as near as I can tell, the oldest movie to include a still living person who won an acting Academy Award is:

Sehnsucht 202 (1932) which included Luise Rainer who is still alive at 99 years old and won her awards in 1937 and 1938.

For men it would be They Knew What They Wanted (1940) with the late starting (28 years old, now 97) Karl Malden.

She starred in it all right - she played the kidnapped kid.

Link.

I really think this will be hard to beat - that movie is 95 years old.

This is a list of the oldest living actors. If there is anybody who can beat Baby Marie, it’s one of those but I doubt it.

There seem to be quite a few famous actors from 1916/1917 who are still alive, Kirk Douglas, Ernest Borgnine, Celeste Holm and Olivia de Havilland

Yeah, you’re right. Sorry and thanx

Sam Drucker still lives! Gotta email him.

Bumping the thread to report that “Baby” Marie Osbourne Yeats has died at the age of 99.

Link.