The opposite sex

There is absolutely nothing I’m jealous of when it comes to men.

I really don’t know what’s so special about peeing standing up. Sometimes using the restroom is the only chance I have to sit!

A man’s ability to wear clothes that are only functional (and comfortable) and still come across as stylish.

The ability to separate sex from feelings. As in, wanting to have sex with someone you find attractive, even if you have no feelings for them and/or being able to have sex without developing feelings. I’m not saying this is exclusive to men, but it does seem to be more common among them.

When I have to pee into a cup without pissing all over my hands, it seems like a mighty special privilege to me. The penis seems like a convenient gizmo, especially if you have to go in the woods or something. It’s funny looking, though, so I guess you have to take the bad with the good.

Good grief. I can’t compartmentalize sex and have absolutely no sense of direction. I wonder if I am missing out.

At least I can urinate standing up.

To do the male equivalent of how women walk. The swaying thing with the hips and ass cheeks is really mesmerizing.

Peeing standing up. And pockets.

It would be nice to be able to lift more stuff, too. And it’s infuriating how easily men lose weight. And maybe I wouldn’t be the sole breadwinner AND the only one who knows how to load the dishwasher, but that’s my own relationship problem.

On the whole, though, I wouldn’t switch.

:smiley:

That! “Here I am in all my glory, world - sit back and enjoy the view of a MAN!”

I would like to be taller and able to lift heavy things. It would really help with doing things around the house like moving stuff and decorating, yardwork and opening jars with tight lids.

Also, I would like to have my employers/bosses not making decisions about me based on the likelihood that I will take time off for maternity leave, leave promptly to pick up my kid, or miss work for child rearing reasons.

Better orgasms. Throw-your-head-back, almost-weeping, wake-up-the-neighbors type of orgasms. I love sex as it is, but the girls are clearly having even more fun than me.

As discussed in the thread last week about commercials with idiot husbands and smart wives, I suppose I’ll settle for being able to load a dishwasher correctly or buy the correct brand of peanut butter. :slight_smile:

Strength. Men can just pick up things so casually that I have to work at and struggle with. Grr.

The ability for most men to buy pants just based on waist and length numbers. My husband could just buy jeans off the shelf. I have to try everything on and have no idea what size to start with. BAH!

I’d like to feel warm, too. That seems to be a man trait.

To sleep with a hot stranger and know you’ve got an excellent chance of actually having an orgasm. And of not being assaulted should you change your mind. That would be cool.

Also, like everyone else, peeing easily in nature. Not, mind you, against the side of buildings. That’s just barbaric.

ETA Do people still say ‘opposite sex’? It just sounds so outdated.

I’m rather surprised there aren’t more women saying “no menstrual periods”; when I think of aspects of womanhood I’m glad to not have to deal with, that’s pretty high.

A few cites: For the immune system ( it’s only Wikipedia though ) :

Note that this isn’t just a man-and-woman thing; it’s common among the vertebrates. Female animals suffer from less disease and fewer parasites than males.

Women have a better sense of touch: With an explanation for why, interestingly; I’d never heard one. It turns out that smaller fingers are more sensitive, due to having more closely packed nerve endings.

Women have greater social intelligence.

Well, I’ve gotten rid of mine via the wonders of pharmaceuticals or else it would be high on the list.

Freud one, sceptics nil.

Well, short of surgical intervention you can’t have a built-in one, but have I got a link for you:

http://www.shewee.com/

Well, physical beauty seems to come easier, and with a lot better results to women. A lot of that is personal and cultural bias, granted, but it’s still something I admit that I envy, from an aesthetic view.

I’m…just not so sure it really works with men that well.

Women do have an excellent chance of not being assaulted if they change their mind. :smack:

Many people do indeed still believe that for all practical purposes the human race has two sexes, and there is “your own” and “the opposite”.

First-time orgasm on the rare occasions when you impulsively sleep with a hot stranger, or multiple orgasms on the many occasions you have sex within a settled relationship? Ooh, tough call.

Even the peeing in nature thing’s arguable - a friend had no problems in the two minutes it took to hop behind a bush when we were out for a walk the other day.

I envy nothing the other sex has. I don’t think either sex has it easier - you either play well with the cards you’re dealt or you don’t, but there’s no reason to believe either your cards or your skill depend on your sex.

I want to say that having a pair of boobies to play with would be nice, but I can’t help thinking it would just be weird and wrong that they happen to be attached to me.

Another one here for peeing outdoors without getting your shoes wet.

No periods / PMS.

Being able to reach the top shelf of the kitchen cabinets without a step stool (yes, I know, having a Y chromosome doesn’t guarantee that, but generally men are taller than their sisters).

Being taken seriously on the job before middle age.