The opposite sex

Footnote: Yes, a guaranteed orgasm during first-time sex with a stranger would be nice. Roughly half the time it didn’t happen for me. I can’t be unique among men, surely.

Longer lifespan, better dexterity, whatever remnants of chivalry remain, and preferential hiring in the sciences. Periods would suck though.

Nothing really, since it seems there are so many biases and unfairnesses in life that still work in my favour as a man. It’s not how things should be, but until we even things out, I’m glad most of the inequalities run in my favour.

That having been said, I’ve read and been told many times that women live in a much richer sensory world: they can discriminate between more colours, generally have more sensitive hearing, a finer sense of taste, have a richer palette of emotional reactions and so on. I’m fascinated by this sort of thing, so if it’s true it would be interesting to experience the difference, at least for a short time.

It is, it isn’t.

The camaraderie of men. Being one of the boys.

Am I really the first to say this? Penises are annoying and gross. They get disheveled if I sit incorrectly, stand up with it in the wrong pant pocket, are way too sensitive (or at least the balls), ejaculation is messy and disgusting, and the random boners just have to stop.

That’s what [del]she[/del] Batman said!

I was coming in here to say just that.

Also, like several people have already said, being able to pee standing up would making hiking a whole lot easier.

Oh come on, wouldn’t it be nice to have the option?

Huh. Good point.

Hey, popping a squat is a hell of a lot more convenient than fussing around with one of those things. I speak from experience.

And missred: If you’re hitting your shoes, you need to adjust your technique.

Please see this thread: For Single Straight Men Only--If the Average Woman in a Bar... - In My Humble Opinion - Straight Dope Message Board

It must be nice to finish with your physical contribution to propogating the species in an evening rather than having to invest nine months on it.

And I’ve never seen a guy really struggle with opening a jar.

People responding to a poll on the SD are not representative of the single male population at large.

Something that might be a little silly:

Life would be easier if I could carry a purse. Well, I suppose that I could, but the social conventions are such that it would make me the object of a lot of ridicule. How did the purse become the exclusive domain of the female of the species anyway?

I really can’t get worked up over it once I figured out the cause.

Both sexes often say that the other sex thinks they are always right. It’s mostly a communication thing: for whatever reason, men and women generally seem to socialize differently. Both sides think they’ve proven themselves right (and would have to their friends who are mostly of the same sex), and get frustrated when the other side doesn’t see it that way.

Furthermore, there’s a humor disconnect. A lot of comedy is about taking a stereotype and treating it as true. Knowing when such comedy is appropriate is hard for a lot of people. I saw it more as a failed attempt at humor, than anything intentionally offensive.

I honestly wish someone would open a Pit thread to list all posts they find offensive, and we could keep people’s offense out of the lighter topics and forums.

And from the opposite side, I’d like to have skinny fingers to be able to type better. I literally have fat fingers, and what’s worse keyboard sizes seem to have decreased maybe 10% over the past 15 or so years even in “full size” keyboards so I seem to have lost a large amount of wpm.

Social intelligence. There are so many social situations and interactions that go completely over my head.

Wow, so much cool stuff that women have that I don’t

The getting instantly laid in a bar is one. Any women that thinks they can’t is sorely over rating the male half of the species. For a quality guy (less sleazy) you may have to sit and talk a while, but, same night guaranteed.

Multiple orgasms, and guy sex toys just look stupid.

Less hair on your ass, not the cheeks, the actual hole. Seems like it would make wiping so much easier.

Vagina’s just seem to have so many more things to play with, and they do a lot more than this stupid thing I have hanging off of me.

Peeing at night, I automatically go for the light so I can see where I’m going, which always wakes me up. Women just walk in in the dark and do their thing, no worries about giving the cat a shower or prematurely washing the curtains.

No hair on your necks, that can get seriously annoying and itchy when it starts growing for just a few days, then again you girls shave everything else.

I’d love to have sex and then get a promotion.

Most females don’t get receding hair lines, and if they do it doesn’t move to their nostrils and ears.

Boobs are cool.

Women can sweat like pigs and not stink, they think they do, but to my nose NO, it smells like woman.

And in fantasy land, I’m jealous that women never fart, never take a dump, never pick a booger and never have bad breath, and their feet never stink.

I would like to have a man’s strength. Doing what I do, I’m often at my max capacity, while my husband can step in and almost effortlessly turn the valve I was fighting with. It would be handy.

Getting to pee in the woods without having to practically disrobe, or squat down. I often work in the field for my job. Well more like in the woods, but occasionally it’s a real field. All my male coworkers have to do is walk behind the field truck and a quick unzip, no one has to see anything.

I have to search out a good leafy copse of trees, preferably with a solid tree trunk to hang onto since my old knees aren’t that flexible anymore. :smiley:

I’d love an excuse to get naked in the woods.

I have another to add:

As a woman, if I age well, people will speculate on how much work I’ve had done. If I don’t age well, I’ll just be some old bag who might be replaced by a newer model if my husband gets tired of me. On the contrary, men just age - not necessarily well or poorly. They just get older and don’t have to worry as much about weight gain, sagging, etc.

Thank you for that fascinating piece of information.