[QUOTE=Qadgop the Mercotan]
Oh well, I cut my teeth on the Lombardi era, relished the first two Super bowls, and survived the long, long drought until the Favre/Holmgren era. I can wait some more again.
[/QUOTE]
Maybe it’s the New Year’s Eve optimism, and the fact we’re beating the Bears (still like Grossman, Omni?), but I’ve seen enough to be optimistic about last year. Favre, as he has his entire career, makes too many mistakes, but he’s a heckuva lot better this year than last. The O-Line has started to gel a bit, which is a pleasant surprise with 3 rookie starters for the last part of the season. The defense is getting more turnovers (10), is more solid in the secondary, and is getting great pressure on the QB. The CB’s are getting old, Jennings hasn’t impressed me (hopefully with the injury), and there are huge lapses on both sides of the ball. But, all in all, I’m pretty happy with an 8-8 this year, and even more optimistic for next year.