The Place Where Everything Is Cecil

We knew it would happen. At some point, our Perfect Master would make the intelligent move of investing in Real Estate.

I’ve driven through it. Sure, the denziens of Cecil County look like you and me but you know what? Sometimes that’s the most decieving thing about Dopers. They look just like you and me.

Of course, they should. We’re Dopers too. It’s a little bit like the state of Israel. You’re a Jew? Then you’re a citizen. You’re a Doper? Then c’mon down and stake your claim to 5 beeeeeeeautiful acres of rolling hills and buuuuuuuucolic babbling brooks.

Keeping that theory in mind, take a gander at how things are developing over in Cecil County, USA. Apparently they’re taking care of their own, building roadways and posting street signs.

Surely I cannot be the only Doper who has visited this amazing wondrous ignorance-eliminating place? I mean, my god. Imagine the school district.

:smiley:

Cartooniverse, who will swear under oath that this signage exists, and is not a PhotoShop creation.

“Activity Center”, huh? What sort of “activities” take place there, hmmmm?

Didja swipe the sign?

TubaDiva

I’ve been in Cecil County, although I missed the Activity Center. However, I did dine at a wonderful crab house. If it wasn’t so far away, I’d love to go back.

Is this the county seat, I wonder??

I don’t know how pleasant a neighborhood it would be.

Neighbors burning each others dog.
Fistfights erupting in the school parking lot over minor differences of opinion.
And sooner or later, someone will finally construct a 1920’s Style Death Ray and use it to take over the PTA.

Considering that two of the county commissioners are named Manlove and Guns, it appears to be a place that spans the political spectrum by appealing to gay guys who take their right to bear arms seriously.

I am going to go there and open a pie shop/internet cafe with a secret back door to the bar and late night naked cruising area.

Ya’ll stop by an visit me at Adam’s Apple Pie & Pit

Of course it wasn’t so far away, silly. I drove past those signs while driving AWAY from your domicile !!!

Sheesh ! :stuck_out_tongue:

If I’d had more time, I’d have taken photos of the Cecil County Seat, as well as other excellent signage. TubaDiva no, I sadly did not swipe the sign. However, your suggestion puts me in mind of a great scene from "Pirates of The Caribbean: Curse Of The Black Pearl "

Capt. Jack Sparrow ( Johnny Depp ): You see that ship over there? We’re going to appropriate it.
Lackey Sailor: You mean we’re going to steal it?
Capt. Jack Sparrow: No, no. We’re going to appropriate it. Appropriate. It’s a nautical term.

-snerk-

Yep, gays and gun lovers. Isn’t that an apt description of this board as well?

Can the county commissioners banish citizens if they act up?

You say this as if it were a bad thing.

See: www.pinkpistols.org

More on topic, there’s a Cecil in Ohio. Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Pennsylvania & Wisconsin, too.

Is this the Cecil County in Maryland? I’ve been through there dozens of times, but never seen the Activity Center. I wonder how I missed it.

At my firehouse, the big coffeemaker that we use for dinners (huge thing, makes about 3 gallons of coffee on each side and hot water in the middle) has a little tag on it that says “CecilWare.” I find it quite amusing.
I keep thinking I need to take a picture of it and post it here for everyone to see, but I always forget the camera.

Well, please. There’s Cecilware, then there’s Cecil Wear.

:smiley: