The Poetry of Donald J. Trump -- NPR Interview Edition

Somebody’s gotta create a meme:

Hillary Clinton, under oath, stood up to Congressional Republicans with subpoena power for eleven hours.

Donald Trump, speaking off the cuff, couldn’t handle Steve Inskeep’s interview questions for ten minutes.

Or Walter Cronkite!

Seth Myers comments on the Trump NPR interview

I echo that sentiment.

My guess is that Trump had no idea what NPR was prior to calling in.

NPR is, among other things, the acronym for the National Psychosis Registry. The Orange Peril might have thought they were closing in on him, and here was his chance to prove that he was a totally non-psychotic Stable Genius™. Too bad he ended up sounding like a deranged imbecile and then hanging up on the interviewer.

In addition to our own @CalMeacham’s excellent virtual poetry recital, CNN’s Chris Cillizza has a nice summary of the highlights:
https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/12/politics/donald-trump-npr-2024/index.html

From the interview:

5. “Personally, I feel very comfortable having taken them. I’ve had absolutely no reverberation.”

Vaccines! Now with less reverberation!

I strongly disagree! When Trump got shot got his shot, I definitely felt a reverberation in The Force. A picture frame fell off a shelf and one of my cats threw up at that very moment! How does science explain that??

Your cats are very sensible?

He would just hang up on them too.

… and in the background I could almost hear Melania singing through a distant locked door:

♫ Ich habe und Friend in me… Ich habe und Friend in me…! ♫
< Oh, Woody…! Oh, Buzz…!>

OTOH, it should be interesting to see what names he calls Inskeep next time he feels like mentioning him…

Steve “so called” Inskeep.

Steve Shouldkeephismouthshut.

He thought it was National 'Publican Radio and never expected to be called on anything. Which would be a reasonable expectation, if there were such a station.

His blather always comes across soooo much worse in writing. Its a good thing for him his supporters can’t or won’t read.

The Poetry of Donald J… Trump – Special “Tilting at Windmills” edition

On a recent Full Send podcast, Trump responded to a question about the situation in the Ukraine in an interesting way

Question: “What do you see happening next, then? Cause it seems like the tensions are high. How does this all end? Is this going to be a long-term thing? How do you see it unfolding?”

Trump:

Well,
And I said this a long time ago,
If this happens,
We are playing right into their hands.

Green energy.
The windmills don’t work.
They’re too expensive.
They kill all the birds.
They ruin your landscapes.

And yet the environmentalists love the windmills.
And I’ve been preaching this for years.
The windmills ―
And I had them way down ―
But the windmills are
The most expensive energy
You can have.

And they don’t work.

By the way,
They last a period of 10 years
And by the time they start rusting
And rotting
All over the place
Nobody takes them down.

They just go onto the next prairie or land
And destroy that.

But Biden is the one with dementia. :roll_eyes:

I must say, your formatting, sarcastically intended as it may be, actually helped me understand WTF he actually meant here. Listening to this earlier, I had no idea what he meant by “We are playing right into their hands”, as I assumed by “their hands”, he meant the Russians. You know, the guys doing the invading 'n shit.

But now it’s clear that he actually meant the environmentalists. Like those dastardly eco-freaks maneuvered us into a war solely to drive up oil prices and make windmills competitive.

Still fucking crazy, but at least it’s understandable crazy.

Dear sweet Og, it does look like some kind of poetry!

The Huff Post headline writer really missed an opportunity to appropriately use “Tilting at Windmills.”

Yeah, how dare we make all of his oil stocks jump through the roof due to war profiteering.
Those dividend checks were just Designed to sprain his dainty wrists…