The political spectrum

I Am a Conservative Goofball.

I don’t understand what all these Palestinians are complaining about. The Jews got there a way long time ago!

I Am a Liberal Weenie

I support the rights of oppressed people to do whatever it takes to get people to take notice. L.A. had a civil disturbance, not a riot.

I’m not letting a little heavy metal pollution get in the way of making a good return for my shareholders.

I Am a Liberal Weenie

Because they do not agree with me, owners, employees, and dependants of “Big Business” should not be allowed to have their opinions expressed in the forum of popular opinion.

I’m not letting the government tell me what kind of pollution I can put out of my car.

I Am a Liberal Weenie

I sincerely believe that electrical cars are the solution to the world’s energy needs. Isn’t electricity just lying around waiting to be used?

I want wider roads, I just don’t want to pay higher taxes to get them.

I Am a Liberal Weenie

I really believe that spending the money for separate carpool freeway transition lanes is worth more than anything else I could have spent it on.

I believe that gays should not have specified civil rights, and am willing to call them names to keep them in their place.

I Am a Liberal Weenie

I believe that I can create my own moral reality in my mind. My believing something makes it true.

I believe in the Bible, and am in favor of a theocratic form of government, run according to my personal interpretation of scripture.

I Am a Liberal Weenie

I think that teachers letting their religions be known is a violation of the separation of church and state. Expression of religious belief in any way on public property is a defamation of those who do not believe that way, unless the person expressing those beliefs is Jewish, which is a respectable religion.

I use “progressive” as a bad word.

I Am a Liberal Weenie

I use “traditional” as a bad word.

I’m tired of people talking about the animals in the rain forest. Didn’t it just used to be the jungle? And no one’s complaining about the dinosaurs dying out.

I Am a Liberal Weenie

I really believe that “natural” places are superior to those with modern structures or roads. People are a problem for mother-Earth, and I secretly wish for a plague or something to thin out their numbers.

Clear-cutting forests doesn’t bother me: how else am I
supposed to get real wood paneling for my den?

I Am a Liberal Weenie

I think it would be great to live in a more “natural” state, but despite the fact that there are entire mountain ranges I could go live in, I never do it, because then I couldn’t get National Public Radio.

I don’t understand why we need to give students loans. Let them support themselves, the freeloaders!

I Am a Liberal Weenie

I support free public college education, even if it means we have to institute government mandated quotas on the numbers of students in certain majors.

I don’t understand why people are so intrigued by American Indian cultures. I mean, they didn’t even manage to invent the wheel!

I Am a Liberal Weenie

I really believe that modernization of ancient cultures is a crime. Better those people spend all their time looking for sustenance and being susceptible to curable diseases.

Huh. And here I thought I was a Weenie

Just my 2sense

Yeah, I agree!
Er wait, I mean, I disagree!
Er, that is…

What is the debate here?

Thsi isn’t a debate. This is performance art.

I’m not all these things. I think they’re good descriptions of the two ends of the spectrum.

I put it here because I thought others would have more examples to contribute that others might not necessarily agree with.