The President and a gun

So Bill Clinton was a Marine? He commanded the United States Marine Corps, so now he’s a former Marine, right?

And can the President prescribe medicine? There are doctors working for the federal government and the President is in charge of them, so he must be a doctor. I guess he’s a lawyer and an Indian Chief too.

Condoleezza Rice reports to the President. Does that mean George Bush is a black woman?

Step 1: Bush fills out a federal concealed weapons permit
Step 2: “Gonzales! Sign this.”

except that no such license exists.

That’s what they want you to think.

Well, actually, they do. They being the local law enforcement teams and the military police. I am a Soldier at Ft Bragg, and I still must follow the local laws regarding carrying of a weapon. Even when going to a firing range or on an exercise that requires me to carry my rifle, there are still orders signed, memos submitted etc that authorize me to carry a weapon. So, even if you consider him a Soldier as Commander in Chief, he would still have to have permission to take out his firearm, or follow local laws.

SSG Schwartz

Who would he need to get permission from? Himself?
ETA: BTW are you a Super Duper or a Dirty Nasty? (I assume you will get the reference, I doubt Bragg has changed that much.)

Super-Duper, but not on active status. Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:
But back to the hijack, IMHO, he would have to sign out his official carry weapon from who ever was on armorer detail in Congress that day. :stuck_out_tongue:

SSG Schwartz