The Redskins SuckWagon: Get on board, 'Skins fans!

Were the Chiefs ever any good under Schottenheimer? I certainly don’t remember them. (Of course, as a Browns fan, I’ve always just assumed that Schottenheimer’s a bad coach.)

–Cliffy

I’m all for an 0-16 season, but I’d feel bad for Daryl Green.

–Cliffy, again

So will we see a “Beyond the Gory” special on the hole team, Snyder, Shottenheimer, who?

Having been on the suck wagon last year (Go Chargers!) I highly sympathize with your situation. (HEY YOU! BACK AWAY FROM NORV! YOU HAD YOUR CHANCE, YOU GAVE HIM UP!)

I must say, you’re taking it with the right attitude. Although, I had a harder time embracing it, because our games were generally close, so it felt like we COULD be doing well.

Just to clear up two things I read… I believe the Bucs record was 0-15… Either way, I clearly remember thinking we’d be the very first 0-16 team.

Second, to whoever asked… Schottenheimer was a bit like the Jim Mora of the late 80’s/early 90’s. His teams always played really well in the season and then sank like a rock in the playoffs. Although, Marty does have at least a couple of playoff wins.

I think you guys have talent… but little to no teamwork or chemistry. I really feel bad that you don’t even get the first pick in the draft to look forward to. But, number two ain’t bad. Besides, you’ll probably be looking for something different than Houston anyway.

Anyway, I’m going back to my wagon. If it cheers you up, just look at us and see how fast the suck wagon can become the party wagon!

No matter how bad the 'skins are this year, I’m still glad Norv is gone. Enjoy him as an offensive coordinator. Just hope he never becomes your head coach. Your team will wrest defeat from the jaws of victory with an amazing consistency, he will say something like “We have to stop doing that,” and the same thing will happen next week. Lousy players won’t be cut, no one will take responsibility and you won’t make the playoffs.

I don’t think Schotty will be coaching next year unless things turn around in an amazing fashion. And why did they only run Stephen Davis 13 times?

Hmm, you have a point there. After all, the man has hauled ass for countless years–playing better at 40 than most players do at 25–just to get this shoved upon him.

Although it might make retiring easier for him…

As a long time Saint’s… Um… follower, I can attest that they are another team that went 0-16 (1982, I think?).

…there have been no 0-16 teams in the history of the NFL. Tampa went 0-14 in 1976, Baltimore went 0-8-1 in 1982 (strike season), and there have been a number of teams that reached 1-15.

Well, the idea is getting traction. The guy behind the Wash Post’s Style Invitational is leading the charge for 0-16.

Not a chance!

Eat my dust, Gene Weingarten - I beat ya to it! :slight_smile:

Well, RT, I’ve been avoiding this thread.

But I just can’t anymore.

Christ, I hope we still have next years #1 pick, because it looks like that might have some real value!

How bad will we be? Only our hairdresser knows for sure.

It gets even better: The Houston Texans get the #1 pick next year. :slight_smile:

OMG, I just moved to the DC area and they suck so much. I have tickets for the Eagles v. Skins game and I’m thinking about watching my paint dry instead

Might ask Montfort if he wants to buy 'em. He’s an avid Eagles fan, and lives in the DC area.

Ah, yes. Another wonderful fall of Sunday films, museums, girls, fishing, and painting. Call me a fair weather fan if you will, but since 1992 I’ve had a strict policy of not watching Washington if they have not won two games in a row. As a result, I’ve watched about three games in the past five years. There are a lot of wonderful things to do on gameday besides being embarassed and depressed.

1. That’s a significant year. Yes, it was the last year DC was any good, and Joe’s last year, but there is something else, too.

In 1992, seven prominent American Indians filed a suit before the U.S. Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, claimng that the name “Redskins” was disparaging to Native Americans in violation of Section 2(a) of the Trademark Act.

Washington has been stripping trailer hitches ever since.

Now, I’m not a superstitious guy, but…

Change the fucking name.

It’s the only thing DC hasn’t messed with yet. What do we have to lose, besides another season?

Hmm, it’s 16 December, which is good for me.

However, I know Anniz wouldn’t want to go with me, so maybe a Skins fan (heheh) would be interested in being taunted all afternoon.

Kim? Lise? Nate? Anyone? :slight_smile:

I could be talked into it, depending on price.

tramp, if you’d seriously be interested in letting go of those ducats, drop me and Montfort an email, and let us know what you’d be asking.

I dunno how much they are worth… they were free for me

And worth every penny.

I’d say he has paid too much.