The Redskins SuckWagon: Get on board, 'Skins fans!

Gazoo thinks the 'Skins will lose by only 19-6 at the Meadowlands this weekend.

Nonsense, I say. How 'bout 34-6? Unlike KC last week, the Giants are actually good.

19-6? It is to laugh, ha ha. Despite Coach Marty’s sudden change of heart, the Skins are gonna go down in flames once again this week. There’s no way any change in his coaching style is going to make a difference by Sunday. The line is Giants by 13½ and I think even that is a serious underestimation. We’re gonna get spanked. 42-10.

As an aside, what exactly happened to the Foreskins err… Redskins?? Weren’t they everyone’s SB pick just a year ago?
OK, that was delusional, but Jeez, they should be capable of winning a gmae or 2!

Of course, they play the Cowboys twice so they should get 1 win there.

Is that 19-6 prediction for the Giants game a halftime score?

As bad as the Redskins are, I think that at some point they will get an inspired effort and maybe snatch a game from the pathetic Cowboys or Cardinals. Say what you want about Tony Banks, but the guy’s capable of having a great game now and then. The problem is his inconsistency. Last year, he threw 5 TDs against Jacksonville in one game…before leading the Ravens through most of a 5 game stretch without a TD. It would take a special combination of extreme ineptness and misfortune to achieve 0-16. They’ve got a shot, but I wouldn’t bet on it.

That’s what you get for trying to assemble a rotisserie team of 1993 superstars for your 2000 roster. Now it’s time to pay the price.

It might just be wishful thinking, but I’m actually predicting a Redskins win against the Giants this weekend. Of course, I’m an Eagles fan who has more to gain with a Giants loss than a Redskins win, but the Skins always play the Giants tough, and well, they’ve got to win sometime.

As spectacularly bad as the Skins are, I think Dallas is a better bet for 0-16. I’m thinking the Skins will bottom out at 3-13 (or maybe 2-14, depending on how they do against the Cards and Dallas).

Sorry guys, it’s just how I see it.

And, tramp, send me an e-mail if you’re serious about unloading those tickets.

You may be right, but I see this Redskins team as one increasingly cut off from its history. Where are the players who played the Giants tough, and where are the coaches who prepared them to do so?

There’s Darrell Green, who seems to have eluded being cut only because Marty knows it’s the one thing that would unite the entire metro area against him. :rolleyes:

That might have been true if they didn’t play each other. Twice. And head-to-head, I’ll take the Cowboys over the Redskins anytime. When’s the last time the Redskins beat the Cowboys? IIRC, the last time the Redskins beat the Cowboys twice was 1984.

The fun thing about the NFC East is that we have two pretty good teams and three spectacularly awful teams.

Do not underestimate the Phoenix Phactor. The Cardinals are a team that can beat the Giants or Eagles and lose spectacularly to the Skins or Cowboys. It’s highly unlikely that one of those three teams will go winless this year, but I would guess that the team with the highest chance to do it is Dallas, then Washington, and finally Phoenix.

The trick is for the teams in the cellar to get their 1 or 2 wins against the Giants, and not the Eagles. :slight_smile:

You’re just lucky that we don’t have a QB on the roster. No, those glorified running backs that Jerry Jones seems to think can throw the ball don’t count. If we had even an average QB, we’d probably be 2-1. Hell, we almost beat Tampa Bay without ever actually throwing the ball upfield.

Not that the Cowboys don’t suck almost as bad as the Redskins.

At the risk of turning this into an actual debate:

1. Agreed, going 0-16 is extremely unlikely for any team. But

2. The reason the Cowboys are least, rather than most, likely of the three bad NFC East teams to go winless, is what is likely to happen in their two matchups with the Redskins.

If the question is, ‘will team X go 0-16, or will they manage to pull off one or more wins?’, then all you’ve got to do to settle the issue is show a place where it’s almost inevitable that Team X will pick up a win.

For Dallas, the two games with the Redskins are that place. The Cardinal Factor can’t negate that.

1. I think I’m already on record, somewhere around here, to the effect that the Cardinals’ January 6 game in Washington (well, Maryland, actually, butyaknowwhatImean) is the likely Achilles heel for the Redskins’ 0-16 prospects, due to the usual problems of warm-weather/dome teams playing in cold climates.

2. There are six games that the Cardinals, Cowboys, and Redskins play amongst themselves. Some of them might be considered random in their outcomes, since anything can happen when one absolutely terrible team plays another.

But I don’t think that applies to the three games just discussed, and that’s why the Redskins have a slim but real chance to go 0-16, and the Cowboys don’t.

Sonny’s got a fair amount of insight for a homer, but he is a homer. According to this Washington Post story, he’s picked the Redskins to win every week for 27 years, over the course of his announcing career.

That streak ended when Jurgy picked Green Bay to beat the 'Skins two weeks ago, and he’d picked the Giants against the 'Skins in tomorrow’s game.

Sonny’s pretty close to the team - he QBed for them for a decade, then has been part of their radio broadcast team ever since.

If he thinks this team’s unusually bad, then things are really bad.

Roll on, SuckWagon!! :smiley:

Damn! When Sonny picks the opponent, you know the 'Skins well and truly suck.

After one quarter, down only 6-3…miraculously. The Redskins managed to lose 25 yards when they blocked a Giants punt. I’m still trying to get hold of that idea. :rolleyes: And they’re lucky that QB fumble/interception/whatever, back on their own 14, only cost them 3.

Well, Gazoo came closer than I did - he predicted a 19-6 win by the Giants, and I said 34-6. Actual: 23-9.

The defense decidedly didn’t suck today, but the offense sure did. Still only one TD for the season, lots of turnovers, and some incredibly low total of yards and first downs.

The SuckWagon rolls on!

I gotta hand it to the Skins, they had several opportunities to win that game (although, I was mostly watching the Ravens/Titans game), but they came through spectacularly to lose it.

Way to go, guys!

Don’t you get all cocky Mr “My-Team-Can-Lose-To-Arizona”. We just suck. Losing to the Cardinals takes commitment.

Yeah, I noticed that the Cardinals’ chances of going 0-16 just dropped to zero. :smiley:

Now all they can do is play the spoiler. :wink:

Well, in the sense that until the very end, they were never more than one score behind, so technically, every time they touched the ball was an ‘opportunity to win’.

Thanks to their defense, they were never really out of it until Sehorn’s clinching interception – but thanks to their offense, they were never really in the game, either. :rolleyes:

I personally thought they kind of slogged their way to that loss. YMMV, but I found it a dull, dreary game that eventually wound up where every Redskins fan, including Sonny Jurgensen, knew it was destined to go. Where exactly was the spectacular part? :confused:

I had to work today, and missed the game. Rats!

So, who do we lose to next week?

Well, we could use the Redskin’s suckosity to gauge how other teams are fairing. The Giants didn’t look to good in that win. I didn’t see the Phillie’s game. Did they look as bad losing as the Giants did winning?

Is there room left for me to join in the Suckwagon?