The Romney Tapes - thoughts as to how they'll affect the election?

And of course the guy who pays no taxes on whatever he has off shore calls the middle class moochers.

A love/hate thang with Latinos.

He’s truly the gift that keeps giving.

Sounds like he thought he was giving a speech for the Ladies Sewing Circle and Social Darwinism Study Group.

Nice pie chart about halfway down.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ezra-klein/wp/2012/09/17/romneys-theory-of-the-taker-class-and-why-it-matters/

The vast majority of entitlements (by dollar amount) are provided to the elderly.

Social Security is over $700 billion vs $75 billion for food stamps (the largest for the elderly and non age specific).

Medicare is strictly for the elderly and Medicaid is mostly for the elderly.

If we are a “welfare society” the elderly are the primary beneficiaries. The elderly vote GOP.

NTTIAWWT.

Well, maybe that’s part of the problem. Logically, if he thinks A)$200,000 is approximately a median income and B) 47% of Americans don’t pay income tax, then he would need to believe anyone earning less than about $200,000 isn’t paying any income taxes. No wonder his plan raises taxes on the “middle class.”

To get back to the OP, it won’t affect the outcome at all.

Romney’s Libya comments seem to have had no effect on the polls despite demonstrating that he is just flat-out incompetent. Why would this be any different? As OMG demonstrates, a lot of people actually believe half the population of the USA consists of freeloaders.

As the Guardian article points out, Romney wasn’t talking about those people who are dependent on the government; he was talking about black (and possibly other non-white/immigrant) people who are dependent on the government. Fortunately most of the people in this thread can’t hear that whistle.

I’m interested as to who took the video and why they released it now. Is it a donor mad at Romney? A staff worker (say, a waiter) at the event?

If it’s one of his donors, the fact that the video was released prior to the election is far more troubling to the Romney campaign than the actual contents.

I doubt this person’s identity will remain secret for very long.

Neither have I, but according to a recent interview with the two reporters who wrote “The Real Romney,” he does discuss policy in his book, but parts of it, specifically parts regarding his stance on health care reform (you know, the parts that made him a Republican punching bag), were rewritten following his 2012 presidential bid.

And then they handed out the originals at the RNC, which tickled me.

I’m pretty pleased to see people like my brother, a staunch righty with a mess of children who, at least the last time I asked, didn’t pay any income taxes because of his boatload of deductions, cast as irresponsible and not in control of his life. This also tickles me.

I think the main effect will be to help galvanize Democrats to vote against Romney, if they’re not already committed to voting for Obama.

This election is about turnout, not changing anyone’s minds.

He’s not just a lousy candidate. He’s a lousy human being. Sarah Palin has more self awareness than he does.

ALL the Obama voters. 47% of all voters, he said.

I think this is true. And it is shocking.

The media will say that outrage is mounting, and that Romney has destroyed his election chances. However, the polls will not change, which has been the way things have gone the last five times the media portrayed a story this way.

Well, watching it I couldn’t help but hear all the clanging of forks and whatnot, and it occurred to me that this was a catered dinner, and that means a bunch of minimum wage voters bustling around the room. Can you imagine filling these asshole’s water glasses while their leader denigrates you? Wouldn’t surprise me if it was one of them.

People like Paul Ryan, who got SS benefits when his dad died when Paul Ryan was 16.

Or Ayn Rand who ended up accepting medicare under a phony name.

Except for the swing in Obama’s favor over the past month, but, yes, this. :rolleyes: