The Rules of Engagement

Actually I don’t really expect George to come here, or if he does, to stay long. The comparative difficulty of C&Ping are going to raise havoc with his usual deconstructionist style of replying to posts.

[[The comparative difficulty of C&Ping are going to raise havoc with his usual deconstructionist style of replying to posts.]]

I really doubt that. Quoting with brackets is just as easy here as it was there.

I’m not a big fan of profanity. After all, if they can’t articulate what they are saying they aren’t worth reading.

‘beep’ ‘bleep’ go the captions on the Jerry Springer show. One of the few shows they don’t hide a person’s lips when they swear.

Maybe you could fuzz out the fingers of people swearing here?

Can’t you see the topic has shifted? Geez, stay off topic here!

Rich

well, I already flamed the poor child but this does mean you should avoid Lanna’s personal thread.

Kathy

What do you have against Lanna? She’s not doing anything else wrong aside from making a second thread about herself.

~Shane (Formerly StrTrekNut)
AIM/AOL screen name: Shane0630
My Homepage: www.fortunecity.com/meltingpot/sandringham/241/index.html

Dammit Jim, I’m a doctor, not a computer genius!

Is this the board where we complain about the format? <joking>

Rhyannann pondered:

No, that would be the “About this Message Board” folder. Look at the bottom for the “Hop To” window and button. There you go. :smiley:

Ranger Jeff
The Idol of American Youth

How many threads about herself does she need? I would think one would really be sufficient. See, this is an example the general narcissism of youth; you’ve started one thread about yourself, and that’s one more than anybody really needs. If you’re going to start another each time an event happens to you, people will begin staying away in droves, because they simply don’t want to wade through it.

** Phil D. **
“There isn’t time to tell you all that you need to know.” – Jon Auer

Veg for Life? That you ole buddy? Tuba too? Here’s your chance to tell me to go fuck myself, or worse.

Where is Be Logical, Jon?

John the Cyberian54

For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

[[What do you have against Lanna? She’s not doing anything else wrong aside from making a second thread about herself.]] Shane

As far as I know, Lanna has never contributed a meaningful, correct answer to the AOLSDMB. For that matter, I’m not sure that she’s ever given an answer to any question. While the interaction between people on the SDMB is part of its charm, the original and main purpose of this site is to stomp out ignorance. Lanna seems to use this place as a diary. While occasionally Lanna has made a post which sparks a genuine discussion, for the most part her posts would be better off kept in a diary. A LOCKED, PRIVATE diary. That she doesn’t share, except to her best friend. I am not alone in this opinion, when I closed Lanna’s second thread I got over a dozen emails thanking me.

Lynn the Packrat

test :slight_smile:

Hey Lynn you know you had my thanks. I’m sure she is a wonderful young lady but I did my time listening to the harrowing lives of teens. I came here for the grown ups.

Kathy

{{Veg for Life? That you ole buddy? Tuba too? Here’s your chance to tell me to go fuck myself, or worse.

John the Cyberian54 }}

Who told him about this place, so I know who to hate?

[[{{Veg for Life? That you ole buddy? Tuba too? Here’s your chance to tell me to go fuck myself, or worse.
John the Cyberian54 }}

Who told him about this place, so I know who to hate?]] Me

Then again, maybe I don’t hate said person after all, since it appears he was told about it only to be immediately twit-filtered out.

Well, actually no. Since this is a whole new ballgame here, everyone starts with a fresh slate and so far, no one has been twit filtered out. And no one will based only on their actions on the SDMB. If John behaves here, he’s welcome. If not, he get what I believe will come to be known as “The Blando Treatment.”

Saint Eutychus
www.disneyshorts.org

[[Since this is a whole new ballgame here, everyone starts with a fresh slate and so far, no one has been twit filtered out. And no one will based only on their actions on the SDMB. If John behaves here, he’s welcome. If not, he get what I believe will come to be known as “The Blando Treatment.”]]
That’s a fair way to do it – if he sticks around, I have no doubt he’ll be banished 'ere long. =:0