The Scientology Network: Directv channel 320

https://twitter.com/scientologytv

Also on Roku, AppleTV, and Firetv.

I’m guessing it will show a lot of Tom Cruise movies, Cheers reruns, Welcome Back Kotter reruns…

But probably not King of Queens reruns.

That 70s Show, too. Unless Hyde got ex-communicated for rape.

Terrible, absolutely terrible. Here is how they are starting. I wonder how much they’re paying AT&T to get on the air. Maybe protesting will help.

Today, 3/14
Common Sense for Life Common Sense for Life TV Episode 7:00pm ET
Destination Scientology Destination Scientology TV Episode 7:30pm ET
Scientology Network Launch Special Scientology Network Launch Special TV Episode 8:00pm ET
The Way to Happiness The Way to Happiness TV Episode 9:00pm ET
Scientology Network Launch Special Scientology Network Launch Special TV Episode 11:00pm ET
Tomorrow, 3/15 The Way to Happiness The Way to Happiness TV Episode 12:00am ET
The Truth About Drugs The Truth About Drugs TV Episode 2:00am ET
Scientology Tools for Life Scientology Tools for Life TV Episode 4:00am ET
Inside Scientology Inside Scientology TV Episode 6:30am ET
Meet a Scientologist Meet a Scientologist TV Episode 7:00am ET
L. Ron Hubbard Library Presents L. Ron Hubbard Library Presents TV Episode 7:30am ET
The Truth About Drugs The Truth About Drugs TV Episode 8:00am ET
Scientology Tools for Life Scientology Tools for Life TV Episode 10:00am ET
Inside Scientology Inside Scientology TV Episode 12:30pm ET
Meet a Scientologist Meet a Scientologist TV Episode 1:00pm ET
L. Ron Hubbard Library Presents L. Ron Hubbard Library Presents TV Episode 1:30pm ET
Scientology Network Launch Special Scientology Network Launch Special TV Episode 2:00pm ET
The Way to Happiness The Way to Happiness TV Episode 3:00pm ET
Scientology Network Launch Special Scientology Network Launch Special TV Episode 5:00pm ET
The Way to Happiness The Way to Happiness TV Episode 6:00pm ET

I don’t have DirecTV, so please let us know if they show reruns, etc. or if it’s just Scientology proselytizing all or most of the time. I suspect it will be the latter, until they realize nobody’s watching it.

I’ll have to sea-org if my schedule is clear and audit the engrams. Umm, e-meter.

What Exit and I must have posted at the same time.

I wonder who their advertisers are.

I’m not going to watch to find out, but I would guess only members of the church or none at all.

Why protest? The clam lovers have the same rights as all the other religious channels cluttering up the dial.

That might depend on whether the church considered his victim to be a Suppressive Person.

well if jimmy swagger can have his own channel why cant they …

What id like to see if anyone would make a channel for Islam … then when people protest I can protest back saying all religious channels offend me so you either have all of them or none of them

Scientology shouldnt be considered a religion at all. They are a crazy, brainwashing, money collecting cult.
Oh, wait, that is what all religions are. Erase, start again:
I don’t like Scientology much.:slight_smile:

It looks like my cable provider has nine religious channels and even more for home shopping. A Scientology channel will fill gap between those two audiences.

I miss the old days, when a new poster would pop up in threads like this one, and pretend to be sincerely agnostic toward Scientology: “How do we know it’s really that bad?” and “They just seem like nice people who are really trying to help.”

C’mon Scientologists, did you just stop trying, or are you overwhelmed by so much bad publicity that you just can’t keep up?

I read Dianetics in the 80s, I got the thing about having to be quiet while pregnant and in labor. And threw it down. I picked it back up after screaming and bitching for 9 mos. And cursing and hollering my head off in labor. I got to the crazy shit about outerspace and threw in the fireplace and let it cook. It’s the only book I ever burned.

Expect many many showings of one of the worst sf films ever made, Battlefield Earth. I can never get over the fact than an sf writer is on record as saying he could get rich by starting a religion, then starts one and still gets thousands of people to believe it. There really is no limit to human gullibility.

Somewhere, maybe in an old thread around here somewhere, was a link to a video with L Ron Hubbard and Ayn Rand who, after sleeping together, engage in wager as to who could come up with the most outrageous bullshit and still get people to believe in it. That was comedy gold.

Agreed. I wouldn’t be surprised if any commercials that are run on it are for upcoming Scientology events, or promote other shows on the channel.

I also have to believe that it’s not out there to be a commercial / for-profit channel; it’s probably there to act as a recruitment tool, and maybe as a way to respond to anti-Scientology programming that’s been on cable in recent years (Leah Remini’s “Scientology and the Aftermath,” the HBO documentary “Going Clear,” etc.)

Maybe a joke in a thread, the truth is almost as sad. Hubbard & Heinlein made a friendly wager apparently and L. Ron won as Heinlein basically chickened out. At first Heinlein was ahead with the cult following that sprung up around “Stranger in a Strange Land”.

Based on the first day schedule, you are absolutely correct. Recruitment tool the network.

It’s being streamed live on You Tube. When I checked it out, they were doing an anti-drug program, and earlier a “we can improve your learning ability” kind of program, and it didn’t look like anyone else was watching it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df-97lhZBi0

I came here to mention the Jimmy Swaggart channel, because it was recently added to our local lineup. :dubious: It’s called SonLife and I don’t plan to see any more of it than I already have; I switched to it just to see what it was.

I looked for a Muslim TV network, and found out that there is one on Roku. There used to be one called Bridges TV, founded in 2003 and dissolved after one of the founders was caught participating in a beheading. :eek: :eek: :eek: