The SDMB Band

Sweet. A thread where I am finally invited to Eve’s apartment! Sorry guys, no more doping for me, I shall be otherwise occupied.

You’ll want some rhythm, won’t you? Sign me up, stick me in the corner and I’ll do my best to supply you with a solid foundation to work off of. Something nice, deep and thick you can work off of, or settle into like a warm bed on a cold day.

Any Dopers in the DC area serious about this? I’m sort of a recent transplant and would love to spend a Saturday or so seeing how we’d sound. In the meantime, I’ll hook up my mic and wait for the server to be set up.

- breaks off from playing “Stairway to Heaven” -

Hey, I can play guitar a bit…

Let’s see… I don’t play any instruments, and I can’t sing very well.

So, I’ll just put on a mini skirt and go go boots and shimmy and shake in the background.

Whoooooo Hoooooooooo!!!

Just stumbled in here and am happy to see that my name was mentioned in the op. Anyway, I think Colour Blind Cubists would be a wonderful name eventhough Trion didn’t mean for it to be. Also, I was talking with my bf last night and was jokingly suggested calling a band The Brown Stick # (or any number higher than 10) and have all the members in the band play stick type instruments, marimbas, didjeridoos, rainsticks, and other percussion like that.

HUGS!
Sqrl

Lead vocals here, as long as we aren’t doing rock or some other genre that requires high pitched girlyman voices…I’m a deep baritone.

Oh, and I play the kazoo with soulful skill.

Kazoo? Hey, cool! Let’s have a JUG band!

{passes out the sheet music for “Borneo” and “Cocaine Habit Blues.”}

I’ll play the jugs.

Given a female doper allows her jugs to be played.

::sneaking in late to the rehearsal::

Hey, anyone looking for a guitarrist/keyboards/hand percussionist?

I also love chocolate, and eat it quite frequently.

Wow, I just noticed I broke 200 3 posts ago. And I luuuuuuuuuuuv chocolate. In fact, I’m probably going to eat some rocky road ice cream tonight!

I used to be a lead singer, back when my hairs were longer and weren’t white, and my belly wasn’t so curvy …

We were kind of hard and alternative rock, but I’d take a stab at anything.

Well, since JavaMaven took Tambourine Girl, can I be on the Triangle? I promise I can keep a beat! I can also do a mean side-to-side backup-singer dance type of move.

If you decide against Triangle Girl, that I will be the Backstage Betty.

Hey, I’ve been singing professionally since age 5… sign me up!

I’ll play flute, and your various early music instruments as needed - recorder, crumhorn, rackett, etc.

Lead guitarist here. You can be the rhythm guitarist, Sqrl. :smiley:

ooo oooo oooooo I’ve always wanted to be in a band! I can play piano and keyboards (any style of music)well, and I can sing pretty too! I have even done back-up vocals for some friends’bands, but I’ve not been in a band of my own. I could even do some of the minor percussion stuff- hey who says you can’t have 2 tambourine girls? :slight_smile: oohhh. can I pretty please be in the band? If this ever really happens it would be soooooo fun! :slight_smile:
love,
tipi

But not enough to hurt my playing :smiley:

I wanna be a go-go girl, too. One of the chicks in the skimpy outfits that does the psychedelic dancing in a cage.

And my mom’s cousin’s friend’s aunt’s hairdresser is best friends with the lady who runs the VFW Women’s Auxilliary here, so I can get us a gig! :slight_smile:

Can I join the band? I play cornet and alto sax.

Wow, I’m actually gonna be the first. I wanna be a roadie!

See, I can’t play an instrument. My mother will tell you that I play the guitar, but what she means is that I had guitar lessons for three years. However, I had no talent.

So that leaves the only other option: roadie. I’ll tell you why roadies are cool.

1. They can (and should!) always wear the most obscure and off-topic tour t-shirts. You’re a roadie for Shania Twain? Slayer Decade of Agression shirt. Roadie for N Sync? Hank Williams US tour 1949. Roadie for Rush? Whitney Houston shirt.
  2. Roadies have key chains with at least 75 keys on them.
  3. Roadies can tune any instrument, and secretly play Angus Young behind the amps when doing so.
  4. Roadies get to swear, drink beer, drive big-ass trucks, have long greasy hair, and smoke pot all day.
  5. Roadies do not have to shave.
  6. Roadies get the groupies that don’t make it to the dressing room. Hi Moosie :wink:
  7. Roadies get to whine and bitch all day about how much better Rush would have done it :smiley: