I don’t think it matters who I vote for in this round, because none of my choices will be anywhere close to the top 3.
My guess is Pearl Jam and Yes will get in easily this week. I could really see almost anyone making it to third, though.
Edit: well, while I was writing that three more people voted, and still no votes for PJ or Yes, so maybe I’m wrong.
Yes was such an amazing group, but gets little love. There is still a version of them touring. Steve Howe is now the center of the group with Squire gone & Anderson mostly retired.
They are one of my 4 favorites. The other 3 were automatic Hall of Famers, being Zep, Floyd & The Beatles. Yes just isn’t in the same league for popularity but the main 70s line-up was beyond amazing in talent.
Joan Jett leading the pack? Really, guys? I mean I like Joan Jett. But at the end of the day she at least started out as a straight Suzi Quatro knock-off, right down to the hair and clothes. Which I’m sure she would agree with, she idolized Quatro. But while Jett was absolutely an influencer, she wasn’t exactly an innovator, more just very solid representation. I Love Rock and Roll is a dumb song - fun, but dumb
. Fanny was a more talented and earlier all-woman rock band than The Runaways (well, at least live).
Anyway Beasties and NWA. My off-kilter and idiosyncratic vote is for ELO, but I’m not going to defend that one too hard. It was a coin-flip between them and Yes and I just like ELO more. Yes out-bombastized and out-talented them, but at the end of the day I preferred ELO’s pop hooks.