The Shield vs 24

There was a Sienfeld rerun last night with a guy that wanted to come hang out and party with Jerry b/c he told him to “stop by sometime.” I kept thinking he looked familiar…finally I figured out it was Michael Chiklis!! I realize he played the Commish, but the guy he played it that Seinfeld episode was a total loser. I coudln’t believe it was him.

Comparing 24 and Shield…wow…
I watch both and like both a lot.
I agree that 24 seems to be lacking a certain “something” this year as compared to last season, but I still make sure to be home to watch it…(despite the ever increasingly stupid Kim subplot).
Shield just moves like a speeding tank across the screen…I sometimes think the episode has to be 1/2 over and realize it is only 10 minutes into the story! Now THAT is a sign of damned good writing!

I guess you can make a case for comparing the two…oranges and tangerines, so to speak, but I am just happy to have two shows of this quality on the air. Sure beats “American Joe Idle Millionaire Survivor” crap.

Damn, I missed the Shield this week. When do they rerun it?

Sunday night at 11pm, IIRC. You missed a good one, too, the kind that has you gasp every five minutes at the next twist the story takes…

Yeah, I thought this week’s episode (Shield) was the best, but I tend to say that every week. Guess that tells you something, too.

One reason to compare them is that The Shield follows 24 on Tuesdays, so there’s no lag time.

Maybe this year on 24 they’ll give a “surprise” ending and bump Kim off… Then give Jack a HOT new girlfriend!