The stereotypical doper

I always imagined the common doper to something like the comic book guy.

The third greatest joy is to say hi to Opal.

SDMB: a bunch of folks looking for an interesting refuge from the inane conversations and behaviors around them…resulting in a message board that regularly drifts into inane conversations and behaviors…

…but which also occasionally fights ignorance and helps us feel like like we belong.

Dopers are mopers, gropers, elopers, microscopers, jump-ropers, interlopers, no-hopers, but, most of all, copers.

Annie Xmas wrote:

I agree. It’s disgusting to talk about making arrows. Especially if you leave out the “t”.

Dopers pounce on typos and spelling errors and make lame jokes about them.

Why is progressive in inverted commas?

He reversed the polarity on [sup]±[/sup]liberal.[sup]±[/sup]

I’m sure that a lot of people do. Anonymity has its privileges. :smiley:

‘To be’ but not ‘to be’; that was the quotation.

To indicate a difference from the early 20th Century Progressives.

Despite their love of bacon, Dopers are not known for their iron stomachs. Consider the reports of projectile vomiting and emergency room visits from eating a appetizer at chain restaurants. Also, don’t even think of using a leaf blower within a mile of one.

Yeah right. I wish I were that good-looking and charismatic.

I inferred you meant self-proclaimed progressives who weren’t really actually progressive.

Oh, thank you, I needed that.

Because a negative times a negative is a positive!

Hey! Whatdya’ mean by ***that crack?

• Jack***
    :wink:

No, they were progressive for their time-ie regulations on food and drugs, women’s suffrage, etc.

I think you miss my point. Never mind.

Typical doper conversation:

Firefly Reference: “I’m an atheist, but is the Hebrew tradition more accepting of Jewish apocrypha than Christians are of Christian apocrypha? Again, I’m not a Christian.”

Something About Zombies: "Well, I’m not a theist, however I’d think the oral tradition of early Judaic law sort of makes it so. Correct me if I’m wrong, but the Jewish tradition has more apocryphal works. Looking at it that way, I’d have to say yes. "

Prétentious: There is no god.

Firefly Reference: "

Cite?"

I love Firefly448: “Regardless of the status of Judaic apocrypha, religion enslaves and exploits the minds of the ignorant (for whom I have no sympathy). Name one rape that was not caused by religion.”

What? :mad: ***How dare ***you say that about me-- uh, I mean us?! I’m gonna’ open a pit thread tonight just to flame you properly for saying that! Grrrr!

But meantime, have a nice day.

Yeah, me too.