The stereotypical doper

I don’t know about that…:wink:

My ten foot pole will not be used in this thread.

If a woman, she’s large and can’t get a date. If a man, he likes large women but can’t seem to find any.

Dopers are the masters of well-written recreational outrage.

That should read “All Dopers over-generalize.”

My bigotry knows no bounds.

I don’t know if I’d be considered a stereotypical doper as I don’t think I post often enough. Hey, I’ve been here since July 2005 and am averaging 493 posts per year. What’s the average for long-timers? 1000 per year? More?

Anyway, just seeing how many of the responses in this thread apply to me.

Well this covers all liberals, so me as well, as I absolutely despise cats.

Yep. Applies to me. When I can be bothered to look up cites, that is.

Yep. Ask me anything about clinical recruitment and retention GCP and HIPAA compliance.

Yep. Sometimes even when I’m in the wrong. I do tend to release my grip when confronted with compelling evidence to the contrary of my assertion…at least I hope I do. :slight_smile:

The heck you say!

Guilty, so yeah, this is me.

Yep, guilty of this one from time to time as well.

Well, um, huh?

I’d have to say this one doesn’t really apply to me, thank goodness. I have a pretty good and satisfying life. It’s just the little ancillary things I have to deal with, and stupidity, that make me seem pissed off most of the time. :slight_smile:

Guilty as charged.

Oh boy, that one’s kind of rampant here, isn’t it? Anyway, perusing some of my previous posts, yeah. Guilty.

Well, they try, but some a them cows just won’t stay kill’t.

I’m not sure about the reclusive part, but arrogant, hoo-boy, yeah, that’s me.

No one wants to see that.

Not me, thank goodness. Married, and to a svelte goddess…who reads my posts, so there you go. :slight_smile:

Typos notwithstanding, I’d like to believe my writing is at least understandable, even when I’m frothing about some slight that impacts my life not at all. :slight_smile:

Missed the edit window, but wanted to correct my response to EvilTOJ’s post.

No, not all liberals are atheists…however they should be. :slight_smile:

The cat thing though? Yeah. Hate 'em.

Dopers are or they are not what they say they are.

Most Dopers have an IQ of 199, but the enlightened minority graciously tolerate our inferior intelligence anyway.

All Dopers are armed to the teeth…with 1920s Style Death Rays.

Dopers:

The second greatest joy is being first to post the best answer.
The greatest joy is finding a fine point to demonstrate why it’s not quite the best answer.

(IMHO, of course.)

Dopers are bio-homo-nano-diversity in action.

The stereotypical doper …

a person of more ability than privilege with a better understanding of the humanities than the sciences, and too aggressive in defense of empiricism and logic to understand their limitations

[Their most defining characteristic is that they can type AND use white space. Lots of sub groups can spell or use standard grammar, but this is one of the few places that people actually use upper case letters, standard punctuation, and line-breaks.]

Oh, yeah? How do you get the PIs to respect the inclusion/exclusion criteria without stapling the regs to their foreheads?

-Atheist
-Politically modern “progressive”
-Middle class and professionals

And for all too many of those “liberal atheists with cats”, often no knit goes unpicked too.

How 'bout:

Dopers’ statements are frequently correct. Furthermore, Dopers often correct other Dopers (when other Dopers make a mistake). Lastly, Dopers who make mistakes are often corrected by other Dopers. Hence

Dopers are correct, correct, or are corrected.

It’s not like I said Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

As I once posted in alt.fan.cecil-adams, lo these many moons ago: SDMB [was: AFCA] - education and condescension in one easy to swallow package, two for the price of one.

That’s too easy. Bribe the central IRB and CROs to exert undue influence on the FDA to accept ridiculous, yet funny amendments to the protocol to weaken the i/e criteria. Promise your coordinators a Porsche for every 100 patients randomized. Sign a BPA with an obscure proxy of the CRO to take the heat for any coercion charges as you gleefully randomize patients with abandon who don’t have a chance in heck of surviving the retention phase of the trial. Finally, promise each patient $100 a visit, payable upon conclusion of the study of course, and see your LTFU problems disappear overnight. Next? :slight_smile: