It’s time for the premiere of the most fly-by-night thread on the board – the Banned Member Pool 2006! If MPSIMS can have death, I assume IMHO can have this less-than-cosmic pool poll.
The Rules:1. You pick 13 dopers whom you predict will be banned from February 1 2006 through January 31, 2007. If any of the members you select is banned by a moderator or administrator, you score one point for each post they’ve made. Whoever has the most points at the end of the year wins jack diddly squat.
2. All picks must be time- and date-stamped by midnight Chicago time, January 31st, 2006. (That’s US Central time, which is six hours behind Greenwich).
3. To avoid jerkish behavior (whatever the hell that means), all valid picks can not be:a. Members who are currently under suspension.
b. Fictional characters (i.e. socks)
c. Yourself or a member of your family
d. Someone you pit in the upcoming year. You can obviously pit whomever you like, but will not receive points for someone you directly prod into flaming out.
4. You can pick people who are currently banned, but will only receive points if their banning is overturned and they are banned again in the upcoming year.
5. You must refrain from making any editorial comments that do not meet fall within the guidelines of this forum. (Example: I pick JoeShitTheRagman because he’s a goat felching asswipe.)
6. Editing your choices. There will be none of that. Once you post them, they’re your selections. I’ll be damned if I’m gonna try and keep track of every whim you have.
We have no rule about submissions having to be unique, despite claims of “copying” anyone else’s list. Sharing of off-board gossip of members is up to individual posters. Running a search on the terms ‘Official AND Moderator AND Warning’ would be ill advised and probably result in this thread getting squashed.
Spelling counts! If you misspell the member names you select, no one will know who in the hell you’re talking about. If a member changes their screen name, you will still receive credit if that said poster is banned.
Additional awards: There really aren’t any. But the person who has the highest score at the end of January 2007 will have their membership paypalled for one year. If the winner receives a Charter Member discount, they will receive a 2 year subscription.
Many thanks to a35362 and Little Nemo who created the far more macabre, perennial Celebrity Death Pool threads and their rules, which I’ve essentially copied.