The Tooth Fairy -- Why?

My Dad asked Cecil this question a while ago, but didn’t get a response. Where did the tooth fairy orgin begin, and WHY? I mean, it’s kind of disturbing to think that someone came up with the idea that when you’re teeth fall out, you keep them under your pillow and someone will fly into your window one night and buy them off of you. Where did this sick twisted idea come from?¿?¿

It is merely a sanitized version of the Old World custom, the Toe-Jam Troll.

My WAG: some little kid was freaked out when his perfectly-good tooth fell out. To assure him that everything was OK, the tooth fairy story was concocted to make him feel that it was a good thing to lose teeth.

What irks me is that I had 4 teeth surgically removed (2 12-year molars and 2 wisdom teeth), along with a pair of tonsils, adenoids, and a ruptured appendix and I didn’t get a red cent for them! By the time I retire I’ll just be a brain with two eyeballs attached, and I won’t have anything to show for it.

I think I’ll move to India, where you can at least get $$$ for kidneys.

What irks me is that I had 4 teeth surgically removed (2 12-year molars and 2 wisdom teeth), along with a pair of tonsils, adenoids,and a ruptured appendix and I didn’t get a red cent for them!

Well did you put them under your pillow, AWB?¿?¿

------------------
Remember- If you're angry it takes 42 muscles to frown, and only a few muscles to smack the idiot that mad you angry in the first place.