The tree of liberty needs to be watered with the blood of school children

CMC fnord!

Didn’t alter his message, only his user name. Which is not only permitted in the Pit but has been indulged in by me and others for years.

I don’t imagine for a moment you don’t know this. But when grasping at straws any straw will do I suppose, honesty and personal integrity be damned, eh?

You are not making sense. Someone parodied the law abiding gun owner statement. Well, you aren’t law abiding if you are shooting up a school. I’m not talking about not having laws and having an anarchy. Duh. I’m saying that satirizing that particular statement was nonsensical.

Which part of

Do you not understand?

Hee hee… who can’t be playful now? Quincy Jones can pull it off. You can’t.

Where do you get the idea you speak for all old white men? You’re only 12 years older than me, and the same skin color. Our beef against you has nothing to do with your age. You resort to accusations of ageism when you can’t counter any of our points, with a little dash of Godwin’s Law on the side.

Normally, I’d say pics or it didn’t happen… but I’ll pass this time. :slight_smile:

What, you mean when they link actual studies and research? It’s always “historical revisionism” when it proves you wrong. C’mon SA, aren’t you willing to learn anything new? That’s what this board is all about.

And in case you missed (or most likely ignored) it the first time, here’s the poll I set up to see if any Dopers had educators who tried to influence them politically. So far, more of them are responding that their *conservative *educators did so. How about that?

Sorry, but the time has come when I must say adieu for the evening. Talk later.

You are law abiding when you decide to kill your classmates. you are law abiding when you purchase the gun with which to kill your classmates. You are law abiding when you purchase the ammo that you will use to kill your classmates. You are law abiding when you go to the range and practice to kill your classmates. You are law abiding when you ride an uber to the school to kill your classmates.

You only break the law when you actually start shooting up the school.

:confused: How do you reconcile that assertion with the ATMB moderator decree that I quoted and linked to just a couple posts above yours?

See, that’s the SA MO- his experience is universal and contrary experiences mean the you haven’t figured out truth yet (marriage is a scam) or you’re lying to yourself (remaining attracted to your long time spouse) or that’s it’s a lie (his version of the 50s and 60s is truth, any other version is revisionist history).

Hi experiences are his and he’s entitled to them. But this idea that everyone must share them or be wrong, is loco.

I eagerly await the multi quote reply denying this, but it’s been his pattern time and time again.

Maybe those cycling tights are cutting off the blood supply to his brain?

I remember back in the 50’s, when it was the norm for people to run away in a cowardly fashion.

In my understanding of the rule, changing a user name when addressing them in the pit is just fine. Not so much changing their name in the quote box. Of course, I may be wrong. But SA was equally convinced that changing a quote box to read “blah blah blah” was also OK, because reasons.

He was wrong about that, but maybe he’s right this time.

Nope, you’re correct. That’s the rule.

:confused: You just articulated the rule that he broke.

I was just saying perhaps this time, for once in his lifetime, maybe he is right about changing a user name. I doubt it, as he was so wrong about the last rule, but maybe.

Probably not, though.

I hope you are reporting that. Since he’s on my Ignore list, I’d have to go into his actual post to report it myself, and I’m simply not going to.

You’re wrong

https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showpost.php?p=19907683&postcount=10

Gee, I can’t imagine why senility jokes are being made.

Interestingly, in the thread already quoted, there is a link to a thread from 2006, when Giraffe was mod, that says:

My bold added. So even back in the unfettered days, it was considered borderline. Huh.

I really don’t know. Could it be because he flew under the radar and weren’t reported?

Get your head out from where you’re pulling your “facts” and at least try to relate to reality, you diarrhoetic asshole. He didn’t get a 20 year jail sentence, he was sentenced to preventative detention. Which will be extended as long as he’s considered dangerous.

And what you’re rolling your eyes at, is the consequence of a judicial system that results in a recidivism rate which is just a fraction of what you guys, with your sick need for revenge and punishment has. But hey, as long as you can get a hard-on reading about how those bad guys are treated as subhuman, why should you care about reducing crime? After all, if crime rates went down, you would have to consider that maybe, just maybe the world had progressed since your precious 50s.

Jerk.
Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

So I’ve done a little searching and found threads going back at least to 2006 where I used Hector’s name in the quote box, including one where I got corrected by him for doing so outside the Pit. Here’s how it went down on this occasion. I used the old term for him outside the Pit and mistakenly called him Hentor the Contrarian (note that I got at least part of his name right).

In response he wrote:

Link

To which I responded:

Link

To which he responded:

Link
[All bolding mine]

So here we have an incident from nine years ago in which Hector states flat out that he thought changing his name [in a quote box, clearly, since that was where it appeared] was not acceptable outside the Pit. He then further went so far as to reply that my having done so in error was “no problem”.

Now he’s acting for all the world like I violated one of the board’s most sacrosanct rules by changing his name in a quote box in the Pit, the very place he previously admonished me for not doing so.

Further, in not one of those instances going back to 2006 did I receive so much as a mod note.

Clearly Hector thinks he’s found a vulnerability he can exploit in the aftermath of the Derleth issue which did draw a mod note, and upon which he appears to be hoping to piggy-back his sudden conversion to the belief that changing his name in a quote box is not allowed in the Pit. This despite no previous mod activity in the past and despite his own acknowledgement to the contrary nine years ago.

None of this surprises me. Hector is one of the board’s most stupid and dishonest posters and has shown many times that there is no level of dishonesty to which he will not stoop if he’s sufficiently angry or humiliated.

In light of all this combined with the fact that I’ve never been so much as mod noted for having done so, I continue to stand by my assertion that changing a poster’s name inside the quote box is and always has been permissible in the Pit.