The Trump Administration: A Clusterfuck in the Making Part Deux (Part 1)

I believe he was bragging about the shooting of the “antifa” Portland shooting suspect by Profa pigs in Lacey WA.

The paranoia is strong in this one.

One of the reply tweets makes it clear that CFSG does mean killing Reinohel.

Wow, okay, then. :frowning:

Ramming speed!

Giuliani’s daughter endorses Biden.

I live in a state generally considered Red (Pence’s former home) and thus you’d think the Republicans wouldn’t be screwing around with the voting here, but we’ve got lines 6-8 hours long at our early voting places. I’m waiting until I have the day off to go so I don’t have to worry about taking a whole day to do my civic duty.

Is censorship okay if its profiting the democrats? This sounds not good.

Find an example and then…

You report, we decide.

Is bullshit ok if it is profiting republicans?

Apparently what the Trump-enablers want now is to force private business to promote and distribute Russian propaganda and lies.

If you don’t allow Russian propaganda to flourish, they call that “censorship”

What ‘censorship’ where?
Might want to clearly understand that word before ya use it.

Article link crossposted from “Will trump hand reins to Pence thread.”

Upshot: trump loses and doesn’t concede or anything else. He cuts and runs. Just walks away and defies anyone to come after him. This makes sense as it is in keeping with trump’s < cough, cough > character as a deeply lazy person who simply ignores and walks away from stuff he doesn’t like. Lawsuits, subpoenas, accusations of law-breaking, requests for tax and other documents. Plausible? (My bold.)

…Now, as is true for many politicians before him, staying in office is the surest way to evade investigation, prosecution, and conviction. That fact informs my colleague Barton Gellman’s cover story in the latest Atlantic , which asks what will happen if Trump loses the election, then refuses—as he promises he will—to concede. I agree with Gellman’s premise that Trump will not under any circumstances concede, if conceding means acknowledging that he was beaten in a fair fight. But I see some leeway where Gellman does not, because just as there was an indolent way into the presidency, there is an indolent way out. What if Trump does not concede—and he continues not to concede, even as he packs his suitcases, swipes some White House–branded complimentary toiletries, and walks onto the South Lawn and into Marine One and waves farewell to the presidency?

I think this scenario is in fact the most likely one, if Trump loses the election. And it may even be his preferred scenario, better than an outright victory (which would require another four years of onerous employment), better than showing up on Inauguration Day and having to duel Joe Biden for the right to be sworn in. As for the prospect of civil war: Trump is a coward, and all evidence suggests that he would run from the responsibility, even more burdensome than normal service as president, of overseeing the violent fracture of America. A civil war sounds like a lot of work. The easiest path is also the most lucrative. Get on Marine One, protesting all the way, and spend the rest of your days fleecing the 40 percent of Americans who still think you are the Messiah, and who will watch you on cable news, spend their money on whatever hypoallergenic pillow you endorse, and come to see you whenever you visit their town.

Apparently Chris Christie is now on the side of science:

“I believed that when I entered the White House grounds, that I had entered a safe zone, due to the testing that and I and many others underwent every day. I was wrong. I was wrong to not wear a mask at the Amy Coney Barrett announcement and I was wrong not to wear a mask at my multiple debate prep sessions with the President and the rest of the team,” Christie said in a statement obtained by NBC News.

The White House gave every sign in the world they didn’t take this seriously and yet you believed you were safe there??

Some people really do have to learn the hard way. Lucky for him he had access to health care most of us don’t.

Does that pos have spittle on his chin?

Not sure how much more of this I can stand.

He’s allowed to. He’s not the government.

At the town hall, Individual 1 said that 85% of people who wear masks catch covid.

Yes. Since I haven’t seen a link to the full story in this thread yet, here is one:

Individual 1 says only Jesus Christ is more famous than him.

He might be referencing this CDC study (pdf) which states that as many as 70% of covid positive patients report abiding by mask guidelines.
But, it goes on to say that infection most likely occured when masks were removed for eating, improper use of masks, or prolonged exposure.

The CDC continues to say that mask use is “one step” in reducing transmission along with proper hygiene, distancing, and reducing your possible exposure.

Story Here

I’m pretty sure that he is, too…but “most people who get COVID say that they wore masks” is a very different thing from “85% of people who wear masks get COVID” (and, the latter is absolutely incorrect).

Either he’s entirely confused by what the study actually says (entirely possible), or he’s deliberately misrepresenting what the study says. Either way, it’s a bad look, and repeating the same incorrect “fact” several times is irresponsible.