The Trump administration's version of 7 dirty words

Remember George Carlin’s Seven words you can never say on T.V.? Now there’s seven words you can never say at the CDC.

Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/cdc-gets-list-of-forbidden-words-fetus-transgender-diversity/2017/12/15/f503837a-e1cf-11e7-89e8-edec16379010_story.html?utm_term=.3512b9f851ae

I had to check twice to see if this was still the Washington Post, not the Onion. If this were a parody of a Republican administration, I’d say it’s funny but a little over the top. But apparently this is real life?

I may have to change my handle to tim315, I can’t even

Good thing they didn’t take out uuuuuge, bigly and sad. That would have rendered the tangerine turd speechless.

If you can’t get the article, the seven words are:

The first five are bad enough, but I’m well and truly hacked off with the last two. What the HELL is the CDC and HHS doing except Science and Evidence based work? The Trumpian alternative is:

Which is no alternative at all–it makes Science subservient to the murky (and defined as the politicians want) “community standards and wishes”. Whatever they are, they are not science.

Sorry, I’m too hacked off right now to write much, but this particular contribution to the dumbing down of America should be opposed by anyone who cares about science.

I think we embrace it and use it against them!

GOP: Technically, Trump didn’t do anything illegal!
Us: Yes, but what he did is against “community standards and wishes”, so lock his ass up!
Bricker: What law did he violate?
Us: “community standards and wishes”!!!

Like history, it’s the winner who gets to define “community standards and wishes.” So until the next election at least, this is not going to work.

A scientist’s reply.

Good grief. How soon is this fool going to gut every smart thing in government. Honestly, I would not be surprised if the twerp starts anti-vaccine programs next.

It’s all a matter of working around the banned words. Let’s try this:

“At-risk[sup]1[/sup] groups, including the gender-dysphoric[sup]2[/sup], could find themselves with fewer rights[sup]3[/sup] under the proposed legislation. Particularly at issue are the rights of women bearing organisms gestating in their uteri[sup]4[/sup], which empirical studies[sup]5[/sup] using the scientific method[sup]6[/sup] have shown to be endangered.”

Footnotes:

1. Vulnerable
  2. Transgender
  3. Entitlements
  4. Fetuses
  5. Evidence-based
  6. Science-based.

I haven’t yet figured out a workaround for “diversity,” but I’m sure that the wordsmiths of the CDC will figure something out.

Yeah, that was my first thought too when I heard about this. Seven? Seven forbidden words? That has a certain resonance for those of us of a certain age.

The seven words you couldn’t say on TV were shit, piss, fuck, cunt, cocksucker, motherfucker, and tits.

So I’d suggest that CDC staff do a one-for-one substitution of the words in that list for the CDC forbidden words: vulnerable, entitlement, diversity, transgender, fetus, evidence-based, and science-based.

So evidence-based conclusions about fetuses borne by transgender persons would become motherfuckers about cocksuckers borne by cunts. (Much more concise!)

I have professional relationships with a number of people at one of the agencies under the CDC umbrella. I’m gonna suggest that to a few of them on Monday. :smiley:

Homer Trump scores again. Science loses.

Where are all of Trump’s nazi “free speech” warriors now?

You’ll find them out building a bonfire out of college textbooks, making America great again, one burned book at a time.

Lock him up.

I expect sales of the Thesaurus to jump. Hopefully, these agencies will simply substitute other words that say the same thing.

Cheering??

High fiving each other and laughing at triggered libs. Anyone who takes reactionaries at their word is a sucker.

Orwellian describes this bullshit well.

None of that there science and evidence for you, CDC! If the “community” is pro-woo, you’ll have to fall in line.

Disgusting.

Indeed.

“It’s a beautiful thing, the Destruction of words. Of course the great wastage is in the verbs and adjectives, but there are hundreds of nouns that can be got rid of as well… Don’t you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought? In the end we shall make thoughtcrime literally impossible, because there will be no words in which to express it. Every concept that can ever be needed will be expressed by exactly one word, with its meaning rigidly defined and all its subsidiary meanings rubbed out and forgotten.”

Add in blame, fault, Obama, and Clinton and with the removal of those seven words you could shut down Trump’s twitter account.

I’m in a passive/aggressive mood today, so I suggest “women with parasites gestating in their uteri.”