The Truth about Democratic People's Republic of Korea.

Yours was close. I hesitate to state why it’s not spot-on because I’m waiting for the OP to attempt to post something in Korean.

In what way does Facebook use Bing? I don’t understand the question.

I noticed that it didn’t try to translate “Google”. Can that be done, maybe by translating the sounds?

If you have any Facebook friends who post in a foreign language, such as Korean, Facebook gives you an option to click “translate” and it’ll tell you that the translation is provided by Bing. It’s almost always (and by “almost” I mean 100% of the time) translated incorrectly. My favorite mistranslation so far was when I was reading a post by a friend who was a missionary for a couple of years. In her post, the Korean word for “Serving” was translated as “blow job” in English by Bing.

You’re thinking of transliteration. Yes, transliterating Google into Korean is done: 구글 (Gu-geul).

Okay. That made me laugh out loud. In fact, I’m still laughing. Giving a blow job is serving someone, right? :smiley:

I suppose that North Koreans working at South Korean-owned factories at Kaesong wouldn’t qualify as selling souls, but it is selling their labour to allow capitalists to thrive. Unfortunately, it also means that your Delicious Leader will sell Juche spirit for less than the cost of South Korean labour.

Pfft, if he was really a friend of the country, he’d spell it Corea. Can’t let those Japanese pig dog snake elephants change the spelling so they’re first alphabetically.

Actually, I’m kind of surprised (not really) that the OP is even using the term Korea. Folks in North Korea refer to the country as Chosun. At least, they do in Korean. But since I neither believe that the OP is Korean at all nor that he’s ever set foot in North Korea, I guess that’s neither here nor there.

Wouldn’t a professional propagandist use “Korea” when addressing a western audience?

Yeah, we’re a little embarrassed about the true formal name for the US, but it’s too late to change it.

And our KehNigIts too.

America.

Dude (Dudette?): You obviously–just like the OP!–don’t know Koreans. Koreans not only expect, but they DEMAND (yep, in all caps), that everyone else see everything the way they see it. Now, not all Koreans, but a significant major-majority do. Any New Yorkers remember seeing the advertisements on the buses, subways, billboards, and newspapers about “Dokdo is Korean!”? Well, if you’re expecting an American audience to understand what the heck you’re talking about, it’d make sense to call them by the American name, Liancourt Rocks. The problem is, your general average Korean drum-beater just simply can’t get around the idea that “THEY’RE DOKDO DAMMIT!” (Yes, again in all caps.)

Heck, if you taught English at a hagweon or public school in Korea anytime in the last decade, no doubt the first question from your students was, “Do you know Dokdo?” Like anyone actually gives a damn.

If he is a Californian of Mexican descent, is it possible our new friend is the Chosun Juan?

Sorry, OP - too obvious.

Regards,
Shodan

:golf clap:

Regards,
Shodan

Truth, anyone can spend time here inventing chimeras and insulting the media, but that won’t teach us about North Korea. It appears that you believe in Juche spirit. It would be much more powerful if you explained to us how Juche spirit is important to you.

You know, Juche is actually a very popular political philosophy, and it has been throughout human history. It’s just isolationism and patriotism/nationalism lumped up into one big bigoted ball.

It’s a failure and the world is a better place when we realize that we all can’t be “self reliant.” What the hell is the point of spreading Juche philosophy if all it is going to do is make all the countries of the world isolationist and hate each other?

Kim Jong-un, I’m overjoyed to meet you face to face.
You’ve been getting quite a name all around the place.
Building missiles, raising hell.
And now you threaten total war
At least, that’s what you’ve said.
So, you’re Kim Jong-un, you’re the great Kim Jong-un.
Prove you’re no fat little puke; fire off a bunch of nukes
That’s all you need do, then I’ll know it’s all true.
Come on, you king of the Juche.

Monty to be clear, I was not perpetuating a stereotype, I just don’t often have a chance to cop a line from “Team America World Police” here on the Dope.

Capt