The unflattering photo thread.

Yah, I agree. You should definitely drop the goatee. :slight_smile:

I’m the one on the left. In my defense, some alcohol had been consumed at this point. Oh, and sorry about the weirdly named picture. I hope none of y’alls gets fired over that.

Me and Crusoe

Yep, we’re every bit as drunk as we look.

Ok it’s my first attempt at linking pix online - if it doesan’t work, can someone let me know what I need to do?

Anywho - here we go this is me not drunk though given me look you’d think I was.

And secondly, never ever have passport pix taken if you’re not in the mood for it

Okay, now Anastasaeon and Jennyrosity both look like total babes in their pictures, and Shibb looks like James Carville. giggle

I don’t have any pictures of me, but I would frighten you to tears. I’m not even hideous in real life. I just do not photograph well. My Russian heritage makes me look very Slavic – thick eyebrows, heavy eyelids, strong cheekbones, just generally a blunt sort of face – that unfortunately makes me look less than intelligent when my face is relaxed, when I’m not “on,” as well as not very feminine: think “Olga working in a munitions factory.” I once suggested to a friend that we have a “Deanna Durbin standard of beauty” in our culture that I don’t even come close to.

A pic of me, at my fatest, when I met my idol. That’s one of the pics that encouraged me to lose weight. Down about 70 pounds from then.

Me in the 8th grade after winning 1st prize at the science fair. Yikes! I was SUCH a nerd back then. I was in the middle of one of my growth spurts, notice that neither my sweater nor my pants were quite long enough. Look how proud my mom was though!

Hm, I think this one goes a little beyond “life happening,” but it’s certainly unflattering. Before you ask, yes, my hair did that without styling products. And yes, I do wash it more often, now.

Okay, so I have a second one. I won’t tell the story behind it, since it’s far funnier out of context.

Aww, you’re so cute! Kind of a Steve Urkel vibe going on there! :wink:

Speaker: you’re aren’t working for me.

Here are a couple of me:

Walrus ahoy!

More stash awesomeness.

Huh…first off, the grammar in that sentance is horrible. Secondly, i can see them fine now. I got an error before.

With that comment I think I win the contest.

I’m the one with the horns.

Safe for work, unless you’re not supposed to laugh at work. In which case, maybe not.

Your idol is some weird guy in a grey shirt?

The Friday before my 25th birthday, my brother and I went up to Rockville to be part of the Greaseman’s studio audience. They took Polaroids of everyone after the show and mine looks like I’m carrying at least 50 extra pounds!

Somewhere I’ve got a picture of me first thing in the morning, in a purple-flowered granny nightgown, opening a box of cereal while making the same kind of face an orc might have. I’ll see if I can find it.

Oh my, I remember that pic. You showed it somewhere before. That sweater…that sweater will haunt my dreams…:smiley:

I will refer you to a previous rant of mine on this very topic: http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showpost.php?p=6995013&postcount=50

That’s Ash. From Evil Dead. He’s groovy.

I opened a photo bucket account just to show you this. I hope you’re happy. Some notes:

1. I was not drunk
  2. This was a church trip
  3. This proves that Southern Baptists do dance :stuck_out_tongue: