The Walking Dead; 3.04 "Killer Within" (open spoilers)

That’s the guy that was messing with the generators then right? Is this the same person that’s been peeking though the bushes or are we still waiting for that person to reveal themself?

Okay, I guess I was just so sure that he was dead that I figured that this was a new guy.

Rick’s group picked her head scarf off the floor after they saw T-Dog’s body.

Holy flurking shnit! That was intense!

Sorry to see T-Dog go. I wish they had done more with his character.

I figured Lori would be toast sooner rather than later, but I didn’t expect to see her die immediately after they killed off one of the other regulars.

I’m really interested to see how they cope with the baby now. This could be a big departure from the comics.

Maggie is pretty awesome.

Carl didn’t shoot Lori. Of if he did, he didn’t kill her. Rick is going to find her next episode.

Tara is still irritating as shit.

I wish they’d have done Lori’s death differently. Death scenes with speeches – especially well thought out speeches – unrealistic, contrived. They almost never work. (Boromir and Roy Batty are two exceptions.) This one didn’t work for me. I should have cared about what Carl and Lori were going through but I didn’t. Rick’s reaction did work – honest and gut wrenching.

It didn’t help that the actor playing Carl has one facial expression. Or that I was distracted by how quickly the baby went from covered in body fluids to clean in a few seconds, and that Maggie appeared to walk away without cutting the cord.

Maggie shouldn’t have let Carl shoot Lori. Killing walkers is one thing, killing your mom is quite another, even in their situation. Maggie should have done it – doesn’t matter that Carl believed it was his responsibility. Who’s the adult here?

I like what’s going on with Merle and the Governor, and I like that Andrea is being seduced by safety and comfort, and maybe some physical attraction. That’s interesting.

Chuckled at Daryl talking about how he lived all his life around degenerates, like he was going to vote for letting the two guys join the group, then “Hell no”. :slight_smile:

About three second in I thought to myself “This is a deathbed speech isn’t it. She’s about to die” then I though “a lot of dopers are gonna be really happy about that”.

You noticed that too? At first I was surprised that she actually produced a baby that looked like it had just been born. I figured since they had such a good makeup team, they should be able to do that. Then a second later, she had a perfectly clean baby. Which she somehow managed to clean with a few swipes of a denim jacket. I wonder if there was some reason they couldn’t have left the baby messy for the next few seconds and the one more scene it was in.

We should have expected it, since she was on a redemption arc, what with saving Hershel’s life, and with the looks she and Rick exchanged in this episode.

What pisses me off the most about Carl killing Lori is that we’ll be treated to his mopey face for the rest of the season. Rick will tell him he did the right thing, yadda yadda.

The scene should have been Maggie arguing with Carl, and Carl stamping his foot and saying “No! Daddy said I could kill Mommy!”

I was sort of hoping the baby would have been stillborn. Maybe too grim or sadistic, but I think it would have made her death even that more devastating, and there’s no way they can safely keep the baby anyway. It’s obvious (s)he’s going to die at some point, and probably sooner rather than later.

Maggie and Rick got me to actually shed some tears at the end of the episode, though I really could have done without Rick’s flailing.

I hope the two prisoners are included in the group and are more than just glorified extras. I especially like Axel.

The actor cast as Tall Black Prisoner Guy had better hope the next group of survivors that Rick’s group runs across doesn’t have a black guy with a compelling back-story, otherwise he’s gonna be out of a job.

Might be a good idea to send a fruit basket to the wives and husbands of every writer on this show.

Oh and Carl’s heading down Sociopath Lane. Spending your adolescence cutting and chopping up corpses, getting your elderly friend-of-the-family killed, and having to put a bullet in your disemboweled mother’s temple can’t be good for your personality development.

Now I feel really bad for T-Dog/Dogg/Dawg. His character was so unmemorable that nobody can even remember how to spell his name.

Anybody else notice that Carl “Old Yeller’d” Lori? “She’s my mom” he says, gun in hand.

So almost always when the network interjects and puts in their own showrunner, they’re going to kill the show.

Here’s one they apparently got right. The show went from "ugh this is so dumb but I have to watch it due to the setting and the occasional great scene’ to legitimately very good instantly.

Did Oscar kill Andrew because he knew there was only room for one Token Black Guy in this group? Sheesh.

I find it interesting that the two characters who are showing the most development are two that weren’t in the comics at all- the brothers, Darryl and Merle. I wonder how much writing control Robert Kirkman has given up this year, because, while there are still a lot of little things that really annoy the shit out of me about this show, the writing for the characters has gotten tighter.

AuntiePam, I totally agree about Maggie and Carl. She should totally have killed her. Haven’t been too pleased with her since she gave up on Hershel and did the whole “it’s time to move on, Dad” scene.

It was about time for Rick to have a meltdown. I’m surprised more people don’t lose it on a more regular basis. Lori was his foundation and even if they were having problems they so depended on one another to hold it together. I think he’s going to go batsh** and start killing zombies like crazy.

Zombaby - Perfect.

BTW, John M, Who is Tara?

Calling Michonne ‘Tara’ because Tara on True Blood is another angry glaring black woman.

Well, I hope everyone is happy now that Lori is gone.

I’m wondering if they’re going to find some kind of milk-bearing animal to feed the baby. The first few days they can dip a rag in sugar water and give it to the baby to suck, that will keep it alive.

Bad enough we’re only allowed one black guy on this show, but only one black woman on my entire TeeVee? Daaaaaaaaaamn.

I can imagine Maggie talking to Glenn later on: “It was awful- she died as I performed an emergency c-section. I other news, remember that sex we’re never, ever going to have again?”

Darryl, once again, proves to be baddest hillbilly alive. Everyone else can take a flying leap- if I’m in a zombie apocalypse, I want Darryl backing me up.

Poor Lori.

:frowning:

I so agree with the Tara reference. I was thinking True Blood every time I saw Michonne, but I couldn’t remember her name. They really are similar.

I liked how Daryl was holding the door closed in boiler room and never asking for help. Then when he couldn’t hold it anymore he just grabs his crossbow and BLAM then STAB. I want him on my team for sure.

To all you comic readers of Walking Dead, how many comics does one season cover?