The Walking Dead; 3.04 "Killer Within" (open spoilers)

Two questions:

Is it clear that Andrew was the one who opened the gates and let the zombies in? Do we know that?

Is it clear that Carl actually shot his mom, or might we see zombie Lori? Long shot, I guess, but I was struck by the fact that they made sure to have this happen off screen.

You can’t show a kid shooting his Mama on TV, dude.
:slight_smile:

I think it’s the result of sloppy writers, most of whom are probably white.

I know and this is the most likely answer, but they could have done something to show it without actually showing her cerebrum splattered on the floor!

Alas, poor TDog(g). You did almost nothing but never caused problems for no good reason; clearly you were a better man than most of your fellow survivors. You made that fire poker and riot shield getup look good. Now we’ll never get to see you and Glenn have wacky adventures while everyone else is crying and yelling at each other.

Andrea clearly saw the samurai sword up on the Gov’s shelf, just as he was saying that Merle would return their weapons at the gate, when they leave in a few minutes time. Does this mean she knows it’s a bushwack and is hiding that from Michonne (sp?)? Why?

The odds of stumbling across a milkable she-goat within the next day or so don’t look good. But it shouldn’t be that big of a deal, if the writers want to have the group show just a little bit of forward thinking. They had months to plan ahead, and considering the scarcity of food, it would have made sense to have some formula to hedge against the possibility of Lori getting killed or failing to produce enough milk due to malnourishment.

Any small town pharmacy, grocery store, and even some convenience stores would have more than enough powdered formula on the shelf to feed the baby for as long as is necessary. Formula would not be high on most people’s apocalypse loot list, so it should be there. Just add bottled/boiled water. Of course, the writers want every little hiccup to be a life threatening emergency, so probably not.

I cannot believe we are only on episode 4, this season has been a run-away train of awesomeness!

I loved the dialog over the convicts and Darryl explaining he could be inside just as easily as out there with the group and then the “Hell no” response.

I actually yelled at the t.v. when T-Dog got bit. I was so pissed. Knowing he was a dead man, he choose a horrible death to save Carol’s life. RIP T-Dog, you were The Man.

When Lori went into labor, I thought for sure we’d have the “save the day” emergency medical treatment to save her life and the baby. I was actually shocked they went where they did. I knew in the comics she died but figured they’d wimp out on the t.v. show. I’ve honestly never liked Lori and along with others actively rooted for her to die every week. I have to say, I think they did it right. They actually made me feel sad for her.

As for Carl… oh boy, that kid is going to be a sociopath at this point. How in the world does a child of that age process all that has happened so far? I think, depending upon how long the show runs, that we will see Carl grow up to be a very damaged person.

Let’s hope Carol learned a lesson over Sophia that you don’t run far, just far enough…

Funny! That’s what I was thinking, too…

Who the Hell else could it have been? It would would be a stupid, gimmicky “gotcha” to have two “stalkers” and whatnot at the prison.

Plus, we saw an axe used to cut the chain at the gate, and then later Andrew attacked Rick with the axe. It was pretty clearly him.

And if you watch the beginning again, the hands are too covered in (what I assume is) deer blood to see if it’s a black guy, but you see part of a sleeve and it’s the same blue prison jumpsuit the prisoners wear.

I’m generally not the spoiler Nazi type, but did you really have to post that?

It says open spoilers in the title of the thread.

Besides, if anyone who hasn’t seen the episode is reading this thread, then its their own fault they got spoiled imho.

When T-Dawg got bitten I told my Fella, “Well, he’s dead, I guess the other black guy gets a job.” And I was right. As were others here. T went out very nobly though. I hope Carol is still alive and in hiding.

(An aside–it’s Georgia. There are eight jamillion black actors. (I’m white, but goodness, I expect people of various colors on tv, b/c I’m from Houston and I kinda like not quite being in the majority.)

You never actually saw the zombies chomping down on him, so I was thinking that he just might have survived – Hey! I was right about something for once. Hooray for me.

And now, the new “big black guy” can get in good with Rick by offing his former friend / cellmate. Nice plot twist – the guy evades the zombies, only to be cut down by his compadre! Fun! (Well, not for him…)

Darryl is my favorite character!

Post that Lori is dead? It has already been discussed in this thread outside of spoiler boxes.

Or are you saying that I spoiled a plot point in a comic released 4 years ago? Rest assured, Lori does not die in the same manner nor circumstances as shown last night on the t.v. show.

My apologies but I really didn’t consider discussing Lori’s death out of bounds in an open spoiler thread nor referencing that she also dies in the comics after she dies on the t.v. show.

We dob’t know that she died on the TV show. It’s preferable not to discuss what happens in the comic books wrt things that are uncertain in the TV show.

We don’t know? Did you watch the episode?

You must be kidding me. :eek: There is absolutely no question that Lori is dead. Absolutely, positively dead.

There’s no reason to believe there’s any possibility that she’s not dead on the TV show.

Well, one thing that this show has made abundantly clear is that unless you see the bullet going into the brain, we can’t assume that anyone is permanently dead. I’m assuming that Carl screwed up shooting Lori, because we didn’t see it. That applies to Carol too, by the way - no corpse, no death.

I don’t agree about the spoiler argument, though - we’re supposed to believe that Lori is perma-dead at this point, then jump with surprise when she staggers on out of the prison depths.

(As an aside, I keep trying to type “Carl” as “Cark,” and it suits him better. :smiley: )

Is she really most sincerely dead? :slight_smile:

I’m not so sure why everyone is certain about something that no one actually saw.