The Wedding of Dave and Robin.

Abso-freakin-lutely! Yer all invited and I’ll be more than happy to provide info on hotels, etc. as the date gets closer.

In the words of Principal Skinner, join us for a “fabulous evening of first-class fun and cleaning up after yourselves!”

Zap!

Many, many, many congrats, both of you! At this point, I don’t know if I’ll be able to make it, but I’d sure like to try. That is my brother’s anniversary too, so a good date. I have two weddings to attend on June first, so I’d be driving right back. Keep us informed as details get worked out. :slight_smile:

I’ll be there in spirit.

If I had the money, I’d be your Drunken Flower Girl.:slight_smile:

wow they still do blood tests there?

Congratulations!!!

Yep. Just talked to the clerk’s office, and they do require a syphilis test. Why, I don’t know, but they do. [snide remark]I’m surprised they don’t require a genetic profile to make sure we’re not kin[/snide remark]. :wink:

Robin

They used to, but they found out it wasn’t stopping anybody.

Congratulations to both of you. Keep us advised on the Pennsylvania dopefest.

First, congratulations on your wedding. We won’t make it: first of all, we’re not in MS anymore, and second, our son’s birthday is the same day.

MS has the hughest rate of syphilis in the country. That’s why they require blood tests. My husband and I had to have one when we got married. Better safe than sorry, IMHO. I believe all states should require them again.

And MS isn’t as backwards as you all think. Give the state a break, okay?

I know it’s not. It’s the obligatory marrying-kin joke. I’ve had the privilege of driving through Mississippi, and it’s beautiful.

As for the test, I don’t mind getting it. I can get it at my next prenatal visit. I just thought it strange that someone still required a blood test.

Robin

Woohoo! Congratulations, you guys! :slight_smile:

Wish I could come, but living way too far away and being practically broke mean I shall have to join the “attending in spirit” list…drat.

Hope the day is awesome, and your marriage as well!

–Nenya

All of my love and best wishes to you as you celebrate your love!

I’d love to be there, but one of my best friends is getting married that weekend. However, I am sending you all the hope for a beautiful life together that I can fit into the cosmos!

Much Love,

Cheri

Congratulations on setting the date. Best of luck getting everything sorted out in time - still, even if there are a few rough edges, you’ll be getting married, and that’s what counts.

I hope you can do a webcast!

Dave, I was able to congratulate your lovely betrothed in person. I hope someday to do the same for you. In the mean time, here’s an online congrats.

WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO! Congrats you two love birds! Wow…a marriage and impending birth of a future Doper all in one. Best wishes to both of ya…and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay :cool:

Dave sweetie, you know I’d love to be there. But alas, I have no money, and no time off. And besides that, I dont think your bride to be is too fond of me. But I’m there in spirit, and I spose that’s the important part.

And by the way, you’re a punk.

That wouldn’t be my virtual daughter giving virtual lip to two of my best friends, would it? I’d hate to virtually ground her until the week AFTER the IRL wedding!:wink:

My mom just got off the phone with the judge in Biloxi, and everything’s a go for May 24, 2002 at 4 pm at Town Green Park!

WOOOOO!

Robin

The last detail has been removed. Friday afternoon, Dave and I went to the courthouse and got the marriage license. Dave had to go back to the hospital on foot to get his blood test results, because his rather, ah, dense fiancee forgot to double-check to make sure she had her car registration. She, alas, did not have her registration, and so she couldn’t get her car on base. However, fate was smiling, and we made it to the courthouse in plenty of time.

Robin

Congratulations, you two.

Blood tests, I thought, were bascially found unconstitutional.

Are you serious? Are you shitting me? That just does not sound right at all.

WTF am I saying. I’m from Mississippi. This totally shouldn’t shock me at all.

Are you positive?

Damn!

Oh, I’m coming to the baby shower, to.

Now that’s a grand idea!