The "When Will Lane Kiffen be Fired?" Lottery (NFL Football)

Wonder who they’ll get to be head coach now. As others said, no coach with any type of experience would touch this position.

Maybe I should start polishing my resume. I’m quite good on the “franchise” mode of Madden, which seems to be about as good a qualification as Al looks for.

Can the NFL seize a franchise, link the Feds can seize a failed bank? That might be the only hope.

Tom Cable will be the coach. It sounds like Davis really ripped into Kiffin in his press conference explaining the move. I don’t know everything there is to know about the Raiders, but I’m not inclined to believe much of anything that meddling dope says. This has been brewing since last season, but Kiffin sounds genuinely upset, although the fact that he’s been fired without pay probably doesn’t help.

Forget winning a playoff game. I’m hoping Oakland doesn’t win another game this year.

Woohoo! I win Al’s hatred! I’ll just put it up there on the mantle, next to Kiffin’s dignity.

And in case we want to start playing again, I call Tom Cable’s firing date as November 17th.

Hehe, the Bucs finish the season at home against the Raiders. I’m sure you’re all aware, but Lane’s daddy is our defensive coordinator. I’m sure that won’t help us at all. Could be a huge smackdown to end the season for AD.

I have a feeling Lane will be an offensive “quality control assistant” or “running game coordinator” or somesuch by then. Gruden loves Monte Kiffen and nepotism almost as much as he loves pissing off Al Davis.

I do hope Kiffen gets picked up by the Bucs. Hell, I would get the NFL package on DirectTV just so I could be sure to watch their games.

Surely you jest! Cable was 11-35 in four seasons as the U of Idaho’s head coach. I mean, if he could pile up numbers like that in the Sun Belt conference, just think what he can do in the NFL!!

And don’t forget that Cable is “respected” around the NFL, and has two years of NFL experience!

Well, to be fair, if he’s been a head coach, he’s more experienced than Kiffen was when he was hired. At least Al’s being consistent.

I’m not a big fan of Shenanigans but that was pretty good.