The Women's Medical Fund has Renamed Itself

(Deleted; I do not post in the Pit.)

Yes, please add me to the list of people who think Paul_was_in_Saudi is a disingenuous transphobe who should go fuck himself.

Then there’s no place here for your “opinions” you bigoted asshole.

Don’t forget your binky.

Very principled stand. I salute you.

Of course you don’t you cowardly fucking scumbag. Fuck of back to Saudi.

He can’t go back - the woke brigade are taking over, they even let women drive now!

You mean to say that a transman who has experienced penetrative vaginal sex with another male and ends up pregnant might not realize they’re eligibility for assistance from a woman’s medical fund because they don’t identify as female? You seem to be assuming trans people are ignorant of their biology.

Gasp! I cannot believe you used the word “w*men”!! I’m told it’s dangerous and to be avoided.

The Fund in question stated that they changed their name both to be more inclusive and to make it obvious what they do. I’m glad they’re dispensing with the bullshit euphemisms and just using the word abortion.

Plus, for all they know, the “Women’s Medical Fund” is some Christian anti-abortion group, who would probably be anti-Trans as well. Now it’s clear what they do.

My mistake. I will cancel myself forthwith - I should have used the more apt “people with ovaries”.

https://edition.cnn.com/2013/09/29/world/meast/saudi-arabia-women-driving-cleric/index.html

Before we come down too hard on Saudi clerics, in the early days of train travel in the West there were concerns that traveling at the ungodly speed of 50mph could make people-with-uteruses’ uteruses fall out.

Exactly. That’s clearly the important change here. Under the old name, it wasn’t obvious to anyone exactly what their mission is. I think the fact that the new name is more inclusive of trans and non-binary folk is welcome, but not the headline here.

And now it’s called the Abortion Liberation Fund as if that steers clear of any ambiguities about its mission.

Some comedian pointed out that the Saudis are letting women drive only just slightly before cars are able to drive themselves.

Here is a possible solution-Don’t post crap that belongs in the Pit.

You just did 3 weeks ago!

https://boards.straightdope.com/t/paul-was-in-saudi-is-pitted/952796/29?u=tricoteuse

What he meant was “I do not want to stand up for the bullshit I posted, so I will run away.”

Or, “oh shit, the mods are on to my trolling! I’d better hightail it out of this thread and live to troll another day.”

Oh, I know it was just a pompous way of saying “I got nuthin” but for God’s sake he’s not even trying anymore.

And your opinion matters to them? This is about inclusivity. If it doesn’t effect you, what’s the problem? I’m not an abortion supporter, but I am a supporter of equality and inclusion.