The World's Greatest Album Covers

See them here.

But hands down, I’d say the winner is this one. One comment indicates one of the girls looks like Peter Sellers; that would have to be the one on the right wearing glasses.

I don’t know who Peter Sellers is, but that’s just awesome.

I like how there’s a special price for policemen on this one

another awesome one

That whole site is gold!
Thanks!

My favorite album cover is the flaming man cover in “Wish You Were Here” (Pink Floyd)

I also like Led Zeppelin´s “Houses of the Holy” cover.

Moved to Cafe Society, our forum for the arts.

Some of the images on that site are NSFW. Wish I’d known that before I clicked the link.

I couldn’t find my favorite on that website. But here’s a snapshot of my copy of the LP, Men From Earth, by the Ozark Mountain Daredevils. I’ve loved that one since it first came out. No text, just that photograph. Alas, the story of Clarence and Roscoe Jones is a sad tale.

:rolleyes:

Peter Sellers looking a little like the hot chick on the cover. More about this great actor.

The cover on that link reminds me of the “fingers do the walking” scene in the movie “Groove Tube.” :smiley: (Album is “Finger Dance Polka” filed as “Two Hands of Polka,” in case the page changes.)

In this list I think “greatest” has a certain sense of irony.

My favorite album cover was Tijuana Brass “Whipped Cream and Other Delights.” Photo is SFW but may be too sexy for your particular boss.

We still have Whipped Cream at home, still in it’s plastic wrap with the price tag $2.99 from Grants Dept. Store (anybody remember Grants?). Spent many hours in my boyhood looking at it.:slight_smile:

Weasels Ripped My Flesh! Rzzzzz!

Cheap Thrills. Sesame Street did a good parody of this cover.

And Sgt. Pepper’s, of course.

We had a Grant’s in Washington PA!! I used to buy my fish food there.

Ok, after seeing that cover of (snicker) Jesus Use Me*, the first thought that popped into my head - from left to right: Brendan Fraser; Michael Ian Black; and Brian Posehn. Come one, I dare you to tell me I’m wrong.

*By the way, Jesus Use Me sounds like something Cartman would have sung with Faith + 1.

Spinal Tap’s Smell the Glove. How much black could this be? And the answer is none, none more black.

To be fair you had to click through a few pages before there was even a hint of nipple.

You don’t know who Peter Sellers is??!? :eek:

I feel very, very old. :frowning:

But my apologies if there was any inappropriate content that embarrased anyone at work. I’d honestly not seen any when I posted the link. :frowning:

Hey, I don’t see Toe Fat anywhere on that list.

My favorite has always been Uriah Heep’s Look at Yourself. The original LP had an actual mirror on the cover.

Hmmm, interesting following post there. Toe Fat members Ken Hensley and Lee Kerslake went on to form Uriah Heep.

I love a lot of those. I once found a record store that had a bin with loads of vintage high gloss covers for 5c each, but you had to buy $1 worth. I came back with my car, and loaded them up :slight_smile:

Another fun site, unfortunately not with as large size photos (some NSFW): http://www.dantenet.com/er/records/index.html