The World's Most Interesting Dentist

I take pride in being significantly more interesting than average and will admit to being a little competitive about it. So I get defensive when an obviously interesting person comes along.

A few years ago I saw a middle-aged guy tooling around town in a huge, mint condition powder-blue early 70s station wagon with fake wood paneling and I’m thinking, I have to meet this guy and see what’s up with the car. As fate would have it, I was at a school carnival and Mr. Station Wagon pulls into the parking lot. I walked right up to him and told him I thought the car was awesome. He said he thought of it as the “anti-car” and was trying to hang onto it despite his wife’s complaints. Then he gave me and my kids a ride around the parking lot in this monstrosity - it was mint on the inside too, with leather seats.

Turns out the guy’s wife knows my wife, because they are in the same PTA group. Mr. and Mrs. Station Wagon are actually Dr. and Dr. Station Wagon, both dentists. So he can afford to drive ridiculous cars that get 8 mpg.

Months go by. Tonight I went to a community event at the public library, and as I’m pulling in to the parking lot, the guy directing traffic, complete in a police uniform, is you guessed it, Dr. Station Wagon. Whaa? I take a closer look and it’s a Police Auxiliary uniform. No idea what’s up with that. He’s still a dentist, so I guess police work is just another interesting hobby of his.

I went into the library, and when I came out, there was an oldies-type band on the lawn tearing through a very good rendition of “Messin’ with the Kid”. I craned my neck to see the band, and I’ll give you one fucking guess who was playing the motherfucking drums. Still in his police auxiliary uniform.

Is there a moral to this story? If there is, I don’t know what it is.

He doesn’t always drink beer, but when he does he brushes afterwards.

I know some people with interesting interests. Like a professor-drummer-pilot-jujutsuist.

*Floss daily, my friends.

I’m picturing the dad from Malcolm in the Middle aka Tim Watley the dentist on Seinfeld.

Where have you been the last 5 years? He is also a meth cook, he stopped those jobs awhile ago. Although he was a chemistry teacher between at some point.

Dentistry is so boring that it requires a whole range of side activities to make life palatable?

In the current New Yorker, there’s an article about a dentist who claims he is running a marathon in every state but appears to be faking his participation - led to an uproar in an online running community…pesky dentists. :wink:

Fess up! Who thought this thread was going to be about Assad? :slight_smile:

His patients never have anesthesia, because they don’t want to miss anything.

He is the most interesting dentist in the world.

A man, a plan, a root canal.

He is the most interesting dentist in the world.
mmm

…Panama.

You’re a rabid Anti-Dentite!

He’s like Buckaroo Banzai, only he’s a dentist instead of a neurosurgeon. :smiley: