The worst trouble you were ever in

I can one up this a bit… :smiley:

I was 15, my boyfriend was 18. After the light shined thru our car window my boyfriend was off to jail.

I was taken home in the back of a cop car and delivered to my Mom carrying a gallon of milk (of which my Mom had sent my boyfriend and I out to get).

My Mom and I can laugh about this story now. I wouldnt dream of bringing it up to my Dad. :eek:

Oooh, this happened to me too (I was a 15-year old girl though). We managed to skate on the public indecency/illegal parking/statutory rape stuff, but a couple of weeks later the true consequences became known: I was pregnant.

BIG trouble.

Is your boyfriend still laughing about it or did he wind up having to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life? (Genuinely curious.)

I’d need the blanket immunity, and a spreadsheet to total everything up.
Drugs, violence, sex, lots of alcohol fueled stuff. Amazingly, I never got convicted of a felony. I got caught naked in the front seat of a girlfriends caddy, the cops asked us, “what are you doing” Nothing officer!!! I really think kids today are getting screwed, lots of punishment, little reward.

I got suspended while in 10th grade for spray painting “69” in 8 foot tall numbers on the outside brick wall of the high school. Now anyone reading this who I went to HS with will know my identity, as it made me quite famous. It was 4 YEARS before they removed it.

While you’re at it, tell the Crown Prosecutor to do the same.

Too funny!

Threadjack: I once saw a construction site (yes, it was in a college town) where it was shielded with plywood for an entire city block, and someone spray-painted pi all the way down that wall. :stuck_out_tongue:

One of my college roommates told the story about a basketball team she was on as an adolescent, and she and her friends liked the song “Pearl Necklace” by ZZ Top and named their team that, not having any idea what the song was really about. :dubious: Her dad had a can of spray paint that was a very distinct color, and she spray-painted that on a wall somewhere, and of course he saw it.

Some other geniuses and I stole a case of pints of Old Crow bourbon when I was 17. A week later, I got pulled over for a tail light being out and two of the other kids in the car were drunk. The cop found the last pint we had and hauled us in to the station. Doing the old divide and conquer thing, they split us into two rooms and questioned us about where the liquor came from. The drunkest of the idiots spilled the beans, finally. Our parents had to come get us, we had to go to some sort of counselling, and we had to pay back the cost of the booze.

Funny thing is, I was sober that night or I’d have gotten a DUI charge. Why was I sober? Well, the week before I got so horrifyingly drunk on Old Crow I couldn’t lift my arms and was barfing out the car window. That was enough for me. I can’t stand the smell of the stuff even to this day.

The lucky break part of this is that I was only a week away from my 18th birthday. If the bust had taken place a week later, I’d have been charged as an adult for DUI, theft, contributing to the delinquency of a minor (the other guys were younger than I), and anything else they could think of.

The worst trouble I’ve been in was being pulled over for no seatbelt. I learned my lesson too, and I don’t think I’ve ever been in a car since where I wasn’t belted. That forty bucks I paid will never happen again!
I never got in trouble in school for doing anything wrong, although I did go see the principal for making a “slam book” but it was so mild he just shook his head and told me to go on back to class.

I’m no angel. I just never get caught!

What’s a “slam book”? :confused:

Took my parents car for a ride around the block.
Decided to turn into a driveway to get out of a cul de sac.
Long story short. I didn’t see that 5 yr old boy at the bottom of the driveway when I was backing out.
The music was full blast, I was nervous, thought I had just ran over a big speed bump.
Turned out I backed over the kid a few times. The bump was his bike I mangled.
He suffered a few bumps and bruises.
My dad happened to have a pistol in the glove compartment. When the cops arrived the whole neighborhood was leering at me.
Oh, I was 14, and my parents were 300 miles away on a day trip.

Got a DUI over a decade ago. Fines, classes, license suspension, and a 24 hour stint in Tent City (that was actually the worst part my punishment). Not a mistake I’ll ever repeat.

I was driving to work. On the way there was an interstate/freeway interchange. It’s a little difficult to see where to stop for the light if you’re not familiar with it. But I’d driven that way a hundred times, certainly I knew what I was doing.

Except this time when the light turned yellow, I spaced out, and came to a stop in the middle of the intersection. Blocking traffic. :smack:

I slowly went through the intersection to get out of the way, and, wouldn’t you know, a police cruiser appeared behind me. I pulled over right away.

She gave me a ticket for not obeying the traffic signal. Cost me at least $120. I totally deserved it. Not sure what I’d been thinking!

The officer even followed me to work (a mile or two away). If she thought I was impaired (I wasn’t) why didn’t she test me when she pulled me over? Weird.

I’ve also been to court for outstanding debts, but that’s kind of minor. I think you stand in front of a judge for 5 minutes or less. If you go in there with a respectful attitude and seem willing to work with your creditors, things go pretty smoothly.

Legally, a sexual harassment rap (that was dismissed.) Extra-legally, while drunk I was beaten up by a guy armed with a tonfa.

Couple things.

Childhood: Climbed on my after-school sitter’s roof. Grounded for a few days, and forced to read graphic accounts of kids who died from doing unsafe stuff. Also I had friends over without my parents permission. Got grounded literally all summer for that one.

Teen: Got slapped by my mother (unjustly, IMO). In response, I pushed her down and yelled at her. Dad heard the commotion and broke it up. Ended up staying at grandpa’s house a few days. Runner-up story; called a girl by the wrong name in bed.

Adult: I witnessed a stabbing, (not sure if it was fatal). Watched the suspect jump into a car and speed off. I was questioned by police for awhile, and didn’t realize until a few questions in that the cop didn’t believe my story. I got really uncomfortable, and asked if I was free to leave. Cop said no. He didn’t believe that I just happened to be walking by, and I didn’t know either the suspect or the victim. After a few more questions, another cop says something I can’t hear to the first cop, then he hands me a blank statement. I filled out the statement and they let me go. Never got anything in the mail, or a phone call, or anything at all following up with this, so I figure either they never caught the guy or he plea bargained or something.

Runner up adult story: fired for insubordination. Not a proud moment.

This is not the worst, but I’m not sure about the statute of limitations on some of that other stuff, and anyway this is the time I was scaredest:

One Saturday, while strolling around the trailer park with my brother, step-brother, and step-sister, (all of us thirteen or fourteen years old), we spotted the manager’s golf cart. It had been left in his driveway with the keys in the ignition. We took it and enjoyed it for quite a while, riding through people’s yards, waving and whooping it up. At one point, we crashed into something sticking out of a dumpster and broke the windshield. We then hatched a devious plan to keep it forever, but our hiding place was outside the trailer park and we didn’t dare drive by the manager’s house on our way out, so we tried and failed to crash it through a wooden fence.
About this time, we spotted the manager’s car in the distance, driving towards us. We had learned that the cart went faster in reverse, (maybe fifteen miles an hour), so we fled backwards in history’s shortest chase scene and fell into a ditch. Then we bravely abandoned the cart and ran home to work on our alibi.
Ha! You didn’t think we would tell the truth just because we were so totally busted, did you?

Long story short, parents paid for the damage, we had to go and apologize to the manager and his wife (who were extremely nice about it), step-brother and sister were sent home to their mother about a month early. My brother and I had to write many sentences, (“I will not steal”), which proved a completely ineffective method of curing our criminal tendencies.

When I was 14 I went door to door all over three towns to collect money for the charity of my choice - I chose to contribute to SIDS research - as part of a school project.

Not really, but it sounded really good and lots of people gave me money.

At the same time, I was cashing checks I’d written to myself from a closed account that I’d found at this house I occasionally babysat at. This was back when you could cash personal checks pretty much anywhere, at least in and around the small town I lived in.

I don’t know if anybody ever knew about the checks but the cops did find out about the SIDS scam and harassed my friends around town for months as to their involvement, my whereabouts, etc. Or so I’m told, anyway; I went to foster care shortly after that after being charged with chronic truancy and never heard a word about either of those two crimes.

As a young adult, I was a pretty significant drug dealer in my area but never got caught at that, either. I don’t have so much as a traffic ticket on my record and don’t do anything wrong at all these days.

When at University in Karachi Pakistan, a group of Islamic militants attacked our bus because the male and female students were not segregated. One of the students drove off the militants by threatening them with a a couple of broken bottles. Unfortunatelely they returned with Kalashnikovs and laid siege to our school waiting to kill the guy. We smuggled him out in the trunk of a car. They stopped the car but didn’t search the trunk.

I was also arrested by the police on a trumped up charge of attempted murder after a simple no-injury car minor damage accident. They had me tied to a chair and were about to beat me up so that my parents would reconsider their refusal to pay over the price of a small car as “bail” after hearing my screams. Fortunately at that moment my uncle, a military doctor of senior rank, arrived at the station, and the police reconsidered their demands. My parents handed over the equivalent of $300 and I was released. Pakistan had a military government at the time, and the police were generally afraid of the military.

I was 17 at the time of the first incident and 18 at the time of the second.

I had a boring, normal childhood. You know, the usual - hanging out at the playground, playing some games with my friends. Mostly basketball. There was this group of punks that we avoided. They seemed like bad company, involved in underaged drinking, vandalism, offences like that.

One day, they started picking a fight with us. Said one of my friends stole their things. It escalated into pushing and shouting threats before the police came. Not much of a fight really.

Next thing I know, my mom’s making me move to Bel Air :smack: