The Yeast That Would Not Die (maybe TMI)

Oh, yeah. Having had two blood infections that nearly killed me, I don’t mess around with infections!

BTW, yes, the doc is pretty sure it’s just a yeast infection, just a very persistent one, which is why he wrote me the scrip instead of just having me use something OTC.

Well, this definitely sounds like something to try if the acidophilous caps don’t do the job!

I didn’t think you were; I was just clarifying (thanks anyway, though).

It’s just that I’m generally the kind of person who will have every aberrant medical situation known to the medical profession, a phenomenon which most recently manifested itself a few months ago as cervical cancer out of the clear blue sky after an entire lifetime of clean Paps and no unusual risk factors. I’m supposedly OK now, after a couple of rather unpleasant and generally unsettling procedures, but the result is that I’m always telling people to have their doc check them to death.

norinew, next time you need antibiotics, ask your doctor for Zithromax (also called a Z-pak). Amoxicillan and most other antibiotics cause me Yeast Infections but Zithromax never has. And it worked well for killin’ what needed killin’.

I’m not sure,but I swear I heard somewhere that after a yeast infection you need to wash all your undergarments with hot soapy water and bleach to prevent any buggers from hiding in your undies and re-infecting you.

If anyone else has heard this I would appreciate the confirmation.