The ZPG Zealot handshake thread party extravaganza

Or some Texas university library, anyway.

That works for me. Shake?

Shake!

I remain somewhat baffled about this person’s ability to inspire such energetic opposition.

Get a room you disgusting pigs!

I’m puzzled why she would hang out in a library. After all, people (including, :eek: males) have been perusing and even fondling books with their, dare I say it, hands. :shudder:

Seriously, ZPG’s peccadillo is just bad performance art. It’s either that or she’s just damned stupid. Crazy’s probably hasn’t withdrawn from candidacy either.

Only because the individual finally provided a bit of information that could be specifically verified.

As I said, the time to unequivocally deny working there was when it was first brought up. Doing so now only smacks of a desperate attempt to keep something going; it’s what she does best and I believe her posting history bears this out.

BTW: it’s not like I’m the only one in the history of the board who has attempted to verify someone’s outrageous story. Remember those “handicapped” sympathy trolls?

Mansplaining at its finest. But seriously, you have no idea what it’s like to be a young woman. Far too much time in my youth had to be spent defending myself from assholes trying to fuck me. Luckily as I have grown older some of the more overt stuff has decreased, but sexual harassment and the threat of rape is something that many women deal with on a daily basis.

My theory is that there are many misogynists who realize they can’t display their desire to degrade and commodify women as openly as in the past, but do use every opportunity where they can sneakily get away with it. When an intelligent woman calls them on their dog whistles and other bullshit, they get scared. They don’t want the world to know what evil people they actually are, so they have to immediately lash out with “No, that’s not what I meant, Some of my best friends are women, etc.”

I don’t know about that, but for some reason the stubbornness with which you hold your unusual views inspires a lot of effort from people who fancy themselves internet safecrackers or something - if they keep at it long enough, they’ll “win”.

I don’t give a shit about “winning”. At some point it becomes painfully obvious that a poster has, at best, been gaming the board and is no longer worth paying attention to.

ZPG is no longer worth paying attention to.

I wouldn’t consider it a “win” for someone to display how pathetic their lives are that they have to play “Internet safecrackers or something” whenever they are unable to conduct civilized debate and discussion.

That rests on the fallacy of false dilemma; it’s not always the case that one person or the other is the nut, sometimes it’s everyone involved. ZPG Zealot doesn’t exactly rank high on my sanity meter, but the amount of calling her out and dragging the handshake thing into irrelevant threads is not exactly san-o-matic either.

Have you ever been diagnosed with paranoia?

See, there are unusual views and there are unusual views. Those views are so out there that ZPG might as well be on another planet.

Yeah, but stalking someone and trying to “prove” or “disprove” irrelevant parts of their story are kinda weird, too. Not another-planet weird, but weird. Who cares if she’s actually a librarian in an OK university instead of a TX one, or for some large corporation that maintains a library that functions sorta like a college library. If she lied about completely irrelevant details like that to preserve her privacy, I honestly don’t give a shit.

Hang on a sec. “Stalking”? Who posted before whom?

Stalking one another?

Get a room!

Wrong thread. :smiley: