Theocracy NOW!

Well, if you vote in Obama, you’re gonna have all that…and higher taxes!

Or something.

Eh, “Obama is not the Messiah” or “Obama is the Messiah”, we both know they mean exactly the same thing. The noble Shodan hath told you so and Shodan is an honorable Doper.

:confused: The guy who just announced that he intends to console himself for the unwelcome prospect of an Obama victory by a program of long-term vicious mockery of overenthusiastic Obama admirers is calling other people sore losers?

Don’t worry, Shodan old buddy. I think you effectively established your own pretty unassailable claim to the title of sorest winner in captivity round about four years ago:

I think most liberals here have little hope of being able to attain your level of sore-winner spite, vindictive resentment, and malicious glee even if Obama winds up with 450 electoral votes and two-thirds Dem majorities in both House and Senate.

But if it makes you feel better, I don’t mind giving you my personal assurance that if Obama wins in November, I will do my very best to be more gracious and less spiteful towards you in your disappointment than you were to us in ours.

Yours are qualities of nobility and maturity I am pleased to admire, without the slightest inclination to emulate.

And blindly and blithely re-electing Bush and following him to the edge of the cliff he lead you to was . . . what, again, and made you and his supporters sound like . . . what, exactly?

Why? How?
:wink:

Totally wasted sentiment. [del]If[/del] When Obama wins in November, I’ll start a thread the next day, dissing Shodan. Why would anyone(you, Kimstu) with an ounce of respectability defer to a person who has done nothing his whole Board-life but post one-line zingers about how stupid Liberals/Democrats are? Why would you defer to an amorphous blob of a poster who contributes absolutely nothing to a discussion/debate? I can at least respect the posters on this Board who are hard-core Republicans, Far Right zealots, etc. who defend their values. I don’t agree with them, but I can respect them as people who hold a view that they are willing to argue about and defend.

Shodan is a lightweight. He’s only interested in zingers. If he got into a serious discussion in Great Debates, he’d be shown up for the paper tiger that he is.

I’m off to compose my victory taunt. :stuck_out_tongue:

Fine, if you like, but what good will it do? Shodan already knows that pretty much nobody around here, even among his fellow conservatives, appreciates or respects his posting style, even when they agree with his opinions. If he cared about that, he’d have changed before now. He does what he does because he enjoys being nasty and jerkish more than he enjoys being respected. Once we’ve recognized this, what’s the point of being nasty and jerkish back at him?

I realize that it’s unbecoming behavior in the Pit to cast aspersions on nastiness and jerkishness, :wink: and certainly I can’t claim never to have succumbed to temptations to be nasty or jerkish myself. But I long ago realized that I can’t hope to compete with Shodan-style levels of nastiness and jerkishness, and it doesn’t do me any good to try.

Well, frankly, what induced me to make the offer was my sense that living up to a promise to be more gracious and less spiteful than Shodan wasn’t going to take any special effort on my part.

I don’t consider making such a commitment to be “deferring” to Shodan. I try as a general rule to be more gracious and less spiteful than Shodan (at the very least), not because I feel that he necessarily deserves it, but because I feel I do.

Again, Frank says what I’m thinking. “Turn the White House beige”? Please explain.

So you admit to trolling? Grow up.

The ‘To Be Sorted’-pile?

You’re a liar, obviously. The fact that you don’t read, or can’t understand, the serious stuff I write, is not an indication that it isn’t there.

Oh goodie. Are you going to crash the servers again, trying to get the Usual Suspects to look for admissions of trolling that aren’t there?

Heavens, no - spit out the Flavor-aid.

Take the first example at hand. Democrats have controlled Congress for the last two years or so. Since then, the deficit has doubled.

There are all kinds of things that Obama could fuck up, ranging from North Korea to Pakistan to health care and on into nuclear war. Please don’t vote for Obama because you think things couldn’t possibly be worse. How you get proven wrong is quite unpleasant for the country as a whole.

No, that’s not trolling.

Feel free to report it, if you like, but you won’t get anywhere.

Regards,
Shodan

I don’t think I said you were trolling. As to the Board crash to which you’re referring–my remarks at that time had nothing to do with the crash.

Pull the other one, it’s got bells on it.

Regards,
Shodan

Wait, are you saying the POTUS could fuck up?! Get the fuck out. Like, when has ever happened?

And to get more on point, what do you think democracy is for? When one side starts fucking up so badly, maybe it’s time to give the other side a chance to fuck things up. And hey! If things balance out and possibly even get better, well that’s just gravy on my biscuits.

Honestly, what’s the point of beind blindly partisan in a fucking democracy? Seems like you’re missing the point there. Vote for whomever has a better shot, given the times and circumstances.

In this case, it’s so obviously Obama.

Is there any of it in this thread? Or was this just chain-pulling? Seems like the sore loserishness is starting early.

This.

And this.

And this.

And this.

And this.

And this.

And this.

And this.

And this.

And this.

And this.

And this.
What’s the lesson here, folks? Well, either you are ALL “the Usual Suspects” (as “Regards, Shodan” likes to say) or he’s a complete waste of time and space on these boards. I’ll leave it to you to decide.

You and I both know that he does not have the intellectual honesty to answer this question truthfully.

Wow, for how bright a lot of the people on this board are, you sure get trolled easily. Just a newcomer observation, but it’s painfully obvious how easily he plays you.

What does this mean?

-FrL-