There an exact name for people who can pick up things with their toes? And can you?

I almost put this in GQ.

So my roomate just came through a couple of minutes ago and saw a peice of paper on the floor. Instead of bending down to pick it up, he did something that I only previously thought I was good at doing: He picked it up with his foot by getting it between his big toe and the rest of his toes.
I can do this as well, and it spawned me to ask this question. I could have sworn I’ve heard an “official” name for people who can do this sometime before…and if there isn’t…well…DAMMIT, there should be!
So what’s the name for these type of people? And if you don’t know, or if there really isn’t any particular name, what would you call them?

Oh, and can YOU do this feat (Pun intended)?

Pedactyloids

That and much more little one

As I have said before…

Look what I can do!

How cool! :smiley:

Whenever first husband would see me pick something up with my toes, he’dsay I was “Toe Talented” :smiley:

I can pick stuff up (mostly learned through laziness) and can write (well, barely legibly) with them. My husband says I have suspiciously dextrous feet.

Yes, I can pick things up with my toes. It’s my usual method for picking up the random pieces of paper my apartment seems to sprout.

Yeah, I can pick stuff up with my feet. It’s very efficient. I can take my socks off and fold them with my feet. I’m really flexible, so I imagine there is much more I could do with my feet if I tried.

I’ve opened beer bottles with my feet. The only difficulty is if the bottle is slick.

Okay, but where is the picture of you actually brushing with them?

-foxy

I can.

My old roommate called me “Monkey Toes.” Somehow, though, I don’t think that’ll catch on as an offical name.

I am pretty good with my feet. I can pick things up, write, etc.
I can also put my toes in my mouth… which isn’t to say that I do but just that I can. :slight_smile:

I’ve always picked up things with my toes, and having spent the first few years of my life in India where apparently it’s more common, my dad always used to sneer, “Peasant!” at me when he saw me doing it.

So I’m a proud peasant. Because directly as a result of him saying that, I worked on doing it much more often and to this day use my toes to pick stuff up off the floor more often than my hands.

Until this past June, I thought everyone could pick things up with their toes. Then, at a small family gathering at my grandmother’s house, I learned otherswise. We were talking about funny memories and grandma asked me if my mom still picked things up with her toes. I said, “sure, we all do. Don’t you?”. Everyone in the room looked at me like I was crazy. Apparently, my father’s side of the family isn’t toedexterous.
I have fond memories of my mothering using her rainbow-toe-sock clad feet to sign my homework. :smiley:

The same ability earned me the same moniker, so at least you’re not alone.

I always really appreciated the ability that was dubbed by Sniglets as “aquadextrous”: the ability to turn the bathtub faucets on or off using your toes. Handy ability, that.

Weeell…Hi Opal! :stuck_out_tongue: :o

Never thought I’d say that without a 1. and a 2.

I can pick things up too , and can (fairly accurately) throw things that I picked up… I can’t write with my feet though, I don’t have that fine a control.

I can pick things up with my toes, too. My flatmates think I’m weird.

I’m not alone! My friends always thought I was weird when I would pick up stuff with my toes. It’s better than bending over!
My mother told me that when I was a baby, I sucked my toes instead of my thumb! Early signs of greatness!

Geez, I thought everyone could. :wink:

I can pick up pens and coins and small objects, but anything bigger and I fail miserably. Do I get to be called “Monkey Toes” now?