There Are Ten Kinds of People...

I agree. I think it’s a joke that makes sense only if it’s told in written form.

It makes sense to me. It just means that the joke teller is one of the people who doesn’t understand binary, thus his mispronunciation/confusion over the number.

Who tells a joke that he doesn’t understand?

When come back, bring pi.

There are two types of peepholes in the world: those you can see through, and those you cannot.

No, there are those with serif and those without.

They also serif who only stand and wait.

That’s part of what would make telling it verbally more funny. The fact that the joke teller uses the word “ten” instead of “one zero” would only add to the humor! Most people probably don’t tell jokes they don’t understand, but there are a class of jokes that are made funnier when the joke-teller is supposedly “unaware” of why what he just said is funny :smiley:

My two favorites:

There are two kinds of people in the world, those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.” – Clint Eastwood

My grandfather once told me that there were two kinds of people: those who do the work and those who take the credit. He told me to try to be in the first group; there was much less competition. – Indira Gandhi

“They also surf who only stand on waves.” -John Milton “On California”

There are two types of people: Those who have a way with words, and those not way who have a.